Is the watchtower preparing the rank and file here?

by Thisismein1972 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

without the brave new world--and resurrection--the watchtower has nothing to offer.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Really don't get how you think they are not going to believe in a paradise earth from those comments.

Paradise earth is the carrot that keeps them all going.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Personally, I think the WTS has been quietly preparing the rank-and-file for the possibility that the Org is going to come under serious legal fire in the near future.

• Awakenednow
    Awakenednow

Anyone watch the movie The Island? ( Evan macgregor and Scarlett Johansson I think) totally reminds me of the paradise earth carrot...guess I followed the butterfly. I think if they discard that teaching, it's all over for the org. It's about the only reason people put up with the negs... the hope of living that way in the future is the only true incentive. How else can anyone justify the dumb sacrifices we make in this system, such as no college, dead-end jobs, giving up talent careers, no children, shun friends and family, knock on doors instead of doin something more appealing, giving up ice-cream money, letting your kids DIE refuse the blood, on and on. The 'spiritual paradise' sucks in reality. Really, I'm just sayin....

HAHA philJones I remember my parents bought a little camper in 74 and all the friends were shocked, oh the fun of it all. Glad your mum still thinks enough for herself to keep you in her life. From my understanding the pioneers hours have been cut quite a bit from back then when we all did it. I'm thinking it's more like the old aux pioneer hours of 60 but I'm out for 6 years and don't care enough to check to know.

• Hecce
    Hecce

I believe that the WT knows that they are in trouble and the their old business model is no longer working. Numbers were at the core of their operation, they instilled an spirit of goals and even competition in the congregation.

Now the numbers have been dwindling and they are no longer used as a measure of spiritual health or growth, one of the most relevant ones that was discontinued was meeting attendance; this was as a result of a decrease in numbers.

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to
    Well GB show us a video of life in heaven where you claim to be going the hope of all christians before Rutherford
  • careful
    careful

A few thoughts:

1. Perhaps this phrase "The Storm" for Armageddon is based on Prov. 3:25 and the thought in Job 38:22-23?

2. One thing these WT videos have done is depict more graphically than ever before what the official line is on how Armageddon will come, and what the new order will look like. For example, the much discussed Bunker video shows what they think the end of this world will be like, even if just partially. Then the vid linked here helps us see how they think the world will be like afterward—a diet almost exclusively of fruit (VERY heavily doted on in the vid). Not only was merely one loaf of bread shown, but no veggies at all, and, of course, no meat. A friendly elephant and giraffe are there but no playful hyenas, Gila monsters, or wolverines! Black mambas, crocs, polar bears, bull sharks—are they all supposed to eat hay?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    careful - "...One thing these WT videos have done is depict more graphically than ever before what the official line is on how Armageddon will come..."

I blame Roland Emmerich... :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit