Is the watchtower preparing the rank and file here?

by Thisismein1972 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/28736-that-most-beautiful-of-2015-videos-is-now-live/

Above is a link (if you can stomach it) from JWtalk. Have a look at the comments. Is the watchtower preparing the rank and file for the great disappointment? In other words, there is going to be no paradise on earth. However, we have a spiritual paradise! I have heard "spiritual paradise" being used a lot recently.

Also, I would love to hear your comments on this other phrase being banded about more and more...The Great Storm! Personally, when I was in I never heard this phrase at all. Is the great storm going to be the many lawsuits against the watchtower? Something that cannot be hidden forever?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I think something like this could be in the pipeline, how long can they keep the charade up? they are haemorrhaging members, every single so called prophecy they've predicted has failed, how long can they flog their dead horse? Those bunker vids, the resurrection on the beach seem a long way away now

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I have no idea how you came to that conclusion?
    The whole video is of people in paradise and welcoming the resurrected ones.

Great storm is just a metaphor for the big A.

Again nothing new at all.

https://tv.jw.org/#en/video/VODBible/pub-jwbcov_201505_11_VIDEO

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972
    ttdtt. Moving images can have a powerful effect on the brain. Like I said, read the comments.
  • sir82
    sir82

Like I said, read the comments.

How do you derive "The WT is preparing the rank and file" from a bunch of sappy comments by miscellaneous unconnected JWs?

The people making those comments are several dozen layers below, and removed from, anyone at the WT who would have the ability to "prepare the rank and file" for anything.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

No they will never abandon the idea of the physical paradise. Why would they? there is no pressure to do this. They will just keep pushing off the dates.

The reward of a physical paradise, where you can have a nice home on a hill, and looking out to see lions and zebras playing together is a big draw for JWs. They really want to live forever, and the GB is not dumb enough to take this away from them.

• Hecce
    Hecce

Sadly, the way that I see it; the WT can get away with any changes that they want to make; the rank and file are the most gullible people in earth. They are almost at the "jonestown" level.

• PhilJonesIII
    PhilJonesIII

Not sure what they are teaching anymore. The only contact I have is via my mother who breaks enough rules by speaking with me ( She does not consider the shunning of children as natural.....child? I'm 62 haha )

She will not talk about the bible however which seems a fair compromise since I dont want to talk about it anyway. Should she hint that the elders are pressuring her to shun me then I'm equally ready with dark threats about people who keep a 62 year-old-son away from his 85 year-old mum.

However the group of people known as Jehovah's Witnesses do appear to be morphing in to one of those 'feelgood' Christian groups where the main attraction is from social gatherings and meetings that feature cake or biscuits. Jesus? Oh yea, isn't he they guy they.......?

They dont seem to be mentioning dates anymore which shows they have learned something if only that god might be pointing the light in the wrong direction.

I remember the early 70s only too well. Pioneered for most of those years and being the self-righteous little prig that I was , even managed to be scornful of people who became witnesses pre-75. They were only jumping on the bandwagon to save their skin...right? One brother was seen as 'weak' for buying a new car in 1973. Others were discussing whether it was worthwhile redecorating rooms in their homes.....with Armageddon so close and all that.

There was a change after 75. There had been a very very strong expectation built up in virtually everyone and the Society face-saving didn't actually start right off. They waited a while and mentioned that it appears that certain brothers had created an expectation which was unfounded....and it was all your fault.

Seems that its got easier to be a JW in SOME respects. The old mind control has gotten worse.....no study material outside of JW.....that should have rung some bells.

I left around 1986 and never looked back. How many hours does a pioneer do these days and whats the business with those little mobile stands they spend hours sitting by and doing nothing.....wimps if you ask me. I recall some of the (seriously) old-school JWs that would let no one pass them on the street with being accosted.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

OK I concede, maybe I'm just over thinking and over analyzing the situation.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

What is the possible change they are preparing for? I can't see what you are driving at from the video and the comments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit