Bethelites being sent to Wallkill and Paterson

by Angelclare 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Angelclare
    Angelclare

Hi everyone. This is my first post but I've been lurking for some time. I’ve just spoken to a friend of mine from my JW days who isn’t aware that I no longer associate. He’s the Coordinator of the Body of Elders in his congregation so I suppose he does know something of what’s going on at the WT. He told me that Bethelites who were serving in congregations in the NY area are being sent to Wallkill and Paterson. I know they are not going to take all the Bethelites to Warwick but why would they be making this move now? Does anyone have any further information on this? Just curious.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    That is their way of telling Brooklyn Bethelites that the free ride is over. Rents are cheaper in Wallkill and Patterson, go there and try your luck while integrating with local congregations. Oh and...NY congregations are tired of you Bethelites and carrying your ass.
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt
    I dont think they got a free ride - they paid with hard work - putting up with crazy household rules - and things they have no idea about, like loss of time to get some real skills (those roosters will come home soon), and really wasting a good chunk of there time. I have a number of young friends ( I use the term loosely) from my hall who are at Bethel - I feel sorry for them.
  • the girl next door
    the girl next door
    The thought of coming up with $900-$3500 a month for a place of their own or even shared, is enough to scare most bethelites straight back into morning worship buggle call for as long as they can handle it. I feel sorry for them too. Its just real life avoidance like college and the military with less residual benefits.
  • Listener
    Listener
    Sounds like they have to vacate some Brooklyn property as soon as possible.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Bethel is where a lot of people wake-up in a way of sorts. Maybe being laid-off from that HELL-like lifestyle in Bethel is a blessing in disguise to get out there, get a real job and get on with life.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I agree with Listener. Sounds like they're getting ready to $ell what's left in Brooklyn.

NY congregations are tired of you Bethelites and carrying your ass.

While the bethelites didn't contribute much financially to the local NYC area and Jersey congregations, they brought a fair amount of youth and "spirituality" and husbands for the local girls. I wonder how many congregations have had to merge or will merge in the future as the bethelites, including lots of elders and MSs, evacuate NYC.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I would gather that there is some deliberate misinformation from Brooklyn. Sure, some full-time Bethelites, maybe even a dozen or more, will go to other places. This would mostly be connected people in important assignments. The rest will be sent away- to wherever the hell "away" takes them. But to say the statement shows a kinder side of WTS. "We aren't sending them all to the salt mines, just most of them."
  • Lieu
    Lieu
    It's not the best economy for unnecessary burdens. Either move to the countryside locations or go provide for one's own upkeep.
  • fulano
    fulano

I preferred Patterson to Brooklyn, what a hell that was. Noisy, stinky, stressfull. For the ones that serve for a long time in Brooklyn and having their friends in the local congregation it will be a big change. Some were in foreign language congregations and can forget that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit