NOAH and his impossible struggle to refute Math Physics & Earth Science

by Terry 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Isn't it funny how after months of drifting in a massive rain storm, the Ark somehow ends up again in the middle east on top of mt Ararat.

How could it be different? The peasants that made up that story didn't even know there were other lands in the world.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

The angles were Noahs GPS.

• LetTheTruthBeKnown
    LetTheTruthBeKnown

My 1st post here. Lurking for years and years. Reading and reading. Mostly agree with what is said, but not everything.

But I do get frustrated when I see misinformation posted that people take at face value (even by "eminent scholars"), with no proper research on their own for alternative theories.

A lot of research has been done on the WT on all their failed prophecies and everyone seems to want to debunk the Bible. But when comments are made that nothing confirms the Bible in history. That is just incorrect and out right wrong.

If you have read the Rig Vedas and the Mayan Popal Vuh, you would know that it confirms a lot what the Bible says (The day standing still, etc.). The problem with the Bible and its early history is that it has been grossly misinterpreted into what we experience today, not what it was like 10,000 years ago. Everyone it seems is under the delusion of the Big Bang of Creation and do not look at more realistic alternatives.

• Terry
    Terry

Personally, I find the most important question to be answered by ancient Holy Books is this one:
    What one thing taught in your Holy Book could not have been written unless it were inspired by God? What piece of information (actual fact) unavailable to humans in that time and place in history?
    Without a clear example of supernatural knowledge present inn holy writ - one must conclude it was pure imagination.

• waton
    waton
    itt confirms a lot what the Bible says (The day standing still, etc.).

Lttbk: One impossible story confirming the other. The Sun, dis massive did not move differently, the Earth, massive did not stop & start rotating.

What piece of information (actual fact) unavailable to humans in that time and place in history?

Terry, I would pick Isaiah 40. lucky shots, guesses:

1) expansion of the universe, 2) matter created from energy,, 3) thermal, slope soaring flight of birds, and human soaring flight predicted. ( the Icarus legend a flop)

4) James 1;17, implying that a creator would not be moving through time as we do.

with 50 000 verses in the bible, the law of averages would predict some hits.

• LetTheTruthBeKnown
    LetTheTruthBeKnown

There are two schools of thought. Uniformism and Catastrophism.

Nobel Laureate Alfvin Arp (astronomer) wrote a book called Seeing Red. Gives a decidedly different take on the universe.

A couple of really good books to read are Cosmos in Collisions, Them+Us, Thunderbolts of the Gods, God Star.

If you go to thunderbolts.info which is run by electrical engineers (PhD's), it will give you a very good idea on the true nature of the universe (plasma). Nothing is a mystery anymore.

It took a long time for to shed my Uniformism beliefs. Kind of like waking up in JW's. Took a long time and didn't want to believe they were wrong.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Welcome truthbeknown. The Topol Vuh is an interesting work. Not much to recommend itself as a science text but a fascinating collection of traditional Myan tales mishmashed with Bible stories.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit