If god exists why the Galaxy Andromeda is flying towards us ?

by Jewtwo 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Jewtwo
    Jewtwo

Galaxy Andromeda flying towards the Milcky Way is a fact so why god did that ? I don't see the point, the galaxies will enter in collision in a very long time but I don't understand why a Lovely God would do this it feels stupid. (or there is no god)

I have another question. If Satan was a perfect angel, why would he rebels against god, an omnipotent being ?

I mean me as a human i'm not perfect but I still understand the stupidity in this move. If your opponent is Omnipotent, it means you have literally 0% chance to win. But Satan as a perfect creation (perfect intelligence, everything) didn't think about that ? No it feels very stupid again, it would be like an ant rebelling to a human, could happen in fiction, but not in real life ;)

source : https://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/earths-night-sky-milky-way-andromeda-merge

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

A god of order , supreme lawgiver, master architect and yet he didn't allow for the movement of these galaxy s and that they would eventually merge onto one another and that in about a billion years our sun will start to die and overheat so that life on earth will cease to exist.

Also as a all powerful god of order why did he allow his creation earth and other planets be bombarded by meteor's for billions of years if we look at the moon we can see the impact they had on the surface and the earth also has had many impacts as well.

• Earnest
    Earnest

This has to be one of the more absurd arguments against the existence of God.

If, indeed, the two galaxies do merge in four billion years time (or whenever), the distance between stars means that our Earth and solar system are in no danger of being destroyed, according to this 2012 article.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

The illusion of order in our local solar system is the stasis arrived at through billions of years of chaos and collision. Looking at systems billions of light years away we see chaos and dynamic change. That is literally a window in time of our region billions of years ago. Life on earth started when the worst of it was over but even so a few asteroids nearly extinguish all life a couple times.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

earnest, I don't think you read that article carefully. Yes the scales of the systems is such that direct collisions of solids might occur surprisingly less than might be imagined but the entire systems would be resorted and reshaped by the gravitational forces. And yes many collisions would take place over millions of years before a new relative stasis is achieved.

I should have added the positives of such a merger. New stars, new opportunities for life.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I don’t think our universe is necessarily as it appears to be from our perspective.

It might be a different shape for example, or the dimensions may be better understood in a different way, or include forces that we don’t understand and alter the effects of physical events as we now understand them. More radically, our universe may be consciousness based rather than physical.

So drawing inferences is tricky, even on a physical level, let alone drawing inferences on a moral or theological level. We are adapted to perceive the world in a certain way because it fosters our survival to see it that way. (See the work of Donald Hoffman.) To make the logical jump that this perception happens to coincide with how the world or the universe really is in itself, seems to great a leap of faith to me. We live in the middle of an unfathomable mystery. Whether and to what extent we will ever make sense of it I do not know. If I am inclined to a leap of faith in any direction it is toward a God with some purpose in mind,

• Earnest
    Earnest

peacefulpete, in saying that our earth and solar system are in no danger of being destroyed I was quoting from the article which I referenced. No doubt should such a collision/merger of galaxies occur, both galaxies would be reshaped and possiblty become one. But wherever the sun went the solar system would go with it.

slimboyfat, I am inclined to agree with you but we can only work with what we have. We can say this is our perception of things and of what will happen in four billion years time but it is a leap of faith to believe that our perception is true.

O cofty, where art thou?

• waton
    waton

The merged galaxies called Milkomeda bsw, will have the benefit to be massive enough to resist internally and much longer the accelerated expansion of the rest of the universe, a fact that will ensure the integrity of its individual small entities, like wt believers, who, having everlasting live, need all the protection they can get. ha ha.

Did warwick include milkomeda in it's scenario of pronisses> yet?

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Welcome Jewtwo.

RB

• waton
    waton

jt yes, welcome to the forum. while some features of the universe seem strange to us, they are what they are, and best of all, carry us.

best to adapt, to survive, we, your family have!! so far. so good. as I said,

physicists actually teach that the merger to Milkomeda will benefit long term survivors.

Brian Greene in "Until the End of Time" page 258.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit