I Have to Say That...

by AGuest 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AGuest
    AGuest

I find it QUITE amusing that there are those here, everywhere, who feel themselves SO "in-the-know" with regard to the "things" of God... and yet, vehemently deny the Spirit... and its gifts. They pomp and posture over what "the BIBLE says"... as if they are truly knowledgable. They hold it up as God's infallible word, that which should be consulted devotedly, in order to know God... and the "things" of God... all the while denying what it ITSELF has written in it. They tout Paul as an expert in things spiritual... even over the Christ. And, yet, they overlook even what Paul himself says.

For example, and I will use the KING JAMES version (and BTW, dear DJ, I do not use the Johannes Gruber version - but the NWT for the simple reason that that is the "version" that most who come here use - not that it would matter, for my Lord's voice takes precedence over EVERY version)... I digress.

For example 1 Corinthians 2:4-16, which says:

2:2
    For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
    2:3
    And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
    2:4
    And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing F4 words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
    2:5
    That your faith should not stand F5 in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
    2:6
    Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
    2:7
    But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
    2:8
    Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
    2:9
    But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
    2:10
    But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
    2:11
    For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
    2:12
    Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
    2:13
    Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
    2:14
    But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
    2:15
    But he that is spiritual judgeth F6 all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
    2:16
    For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

And then, there's 1 Corinthians 12:4-11 where Paul lists the GIFTS of the spirit, including, "discerning SPIRITS," as stated in verse 10:

12:4
    Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
    12:5
    And there are differences of administrations, F42 but the same Lord.
    12:6
    And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
    12:7
    But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
    12:8
    For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
    12:9
    To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
    12:10
    To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
    12:11
    But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

Again, I find it quite amusing... for they THINK they see... and yet, they are blind. I advise them ALL... to go to the One who sells EYESALVE... HOLY SPIRIT... and "buy" from him. For there is no other way to see that which is unseen... nor to understand SPIRITUAL things. Revelation 3:17; John 14:6

You did not hear it from ME... but from PAUL... whose words YOU believe to be completely "inspired." If, then, you will not listen to my Lord, just as the Father commanded you to... why, do you not listen... to PAUL?

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Of course Shelby, everyone else just thinks they're right because they're blinded. But you know you're right because your god speaks directly to you. Can you at least grasp why people believe that to be a sign of mental illness rather than a sign that you're chosen by God?

• dedalus
    dedalus
    I find it QUITE amusing that there are those here, everywhere, who feel themselves SO "in-the-know" with regard to the "things" of God...

ROTFLMAO!

Very funny, coming from you ...

Dedalus

• Hamas
    Hamas

Is not the 'spirit of truth' mentioned by Jesus at John 14 Mohammed ?

Think about it, aguest...

• Brummie
    Brummie
    I find it QUITE amusing

Are you laughing at us AGuest?

Its nice to laugh, but dont be the joke.

Brummie

• hooberus
    hooberus

How many times has Michael the Archangel appeared to you?

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

AGuest- Your recent posts scare me. God is talking to you? I am a psych major and your words sound all to familiar. This might seem hard to accept, but I am really concerned about you. I honestly think that you should visit a therapist and share these stories with her, to see what she thinks. Just be careful.

hooberus-

My guess is she "hears" God. Most schizophrenics have auditory hallucinations.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

AGuest: I really hope that you seek help and make sure nothing it wrong. I agree with SP.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Same here; but she won't. She is absolutely convinced that "her Lord" is speaking to her! And she is happy and fulfilled because of that! In her mind, there is no reason to seek medical advice: there is nothing wrong with her! In fact, she feels it is us who need the help, not her!

It seems to me that she has created a cult all by herself and for herself!

Peace to you, Aguest.

A slave of nobody,

Spanner

• Hamas
    Hamas

Dont get onto Aguest back. She has faith in what she thinks is right ; at least she is away from a hate filled Organization. She serves her 'lord' the way she wants to, not by way of instruction from dirty old men.

I respect Aguest and her attitude towards her faith.

AGuest, peace to you also.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit