Conventions & "Apostates"

by patio34 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Monica
    Monica

I remember at the Pullman, WA convention one year, these people passing out pamphlets. My mom kept telling us not to look at them or talk to them as we passed, but I know one of my brothers happened to sneak over and get one. I was pretty young (10-12 or so), so I do really recall what was in it. But, they did leave an impression on me. I just wondered why it was that we couldn't listen to what they had to say and that they must have something important to say to take the time to sit there with signs and pamphlets.

- Jimmer, that is pretty funny about you seeing parents!
    - Dogpatch, I cannot even think of words to write that come close to describing my admiration of your work!
    - Ridgerunner, I've often wondered the same - is there anyone that organizes these protests?

• Jimmer
    Jimmer

I know of no national organization that organizes the protests. (That does not mean one does not exist.)
    I do know, in my instance, a local support group for ex-cultists and victims of mind control sponsored the protest. (There were about 6 to 8 of us that day.)
    Fun, fun, fun...

• tyrone
    tyrone

You people remind of 2peter 2:22 which i will gladly quote "The saying of the true proverb has happened to them: The dog has teturned to its own vomit and the sow that has bathed to rolling in the mire." May you all be forced to drink from Jehovah's cup of judgment! YOU GUYS ARE LIKE RAVENOUS DOGS!!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

tyrone,

Welcome to the board!!! You're making quite a judgement of a group of people you don't even know. Now that's Christ-like, eh?

Actually, you'll find we're a harmless group of people trying to heal old wounds and find the spirituality we never experienced as JWs. We hope you find some interesting information on this site and make a friend or two in the meantime. Stick around and see what you might learn. I promise we don't bite. Hard.

Regards,

Andi

Edited to add: The person who started this thread and most of the people who've responded to it are long gone from this community. Please notice you're "resurrecting" a thread from over 4 years ago.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    YOU GUYS ARE LIKE RAVENOUS DOGS!!

Woof.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Welcome to the board Tyrone! Everything you know is a lie! Jerusalem fell in 587 B.C.E, and the JW's are demonstratably wrong about everything.

GBL

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    May you all be forced to drink from Jehovah's cup of judgment! YOU GUYS ARE LIKE RAVENOUS DOGS!!

since his cup of judgement is surely large and over flowing, then i suppose it is good to be ravenous.

bring it on joe hoba!

TS (of the "i'll be picketing next year's convention for sure" class)

• NBSMonkeyMan
    NBSMonkeyMan
    tyrone Re: Conventions & "Apostates"

You people remind of 2peter 2:22 which i will gladly quote "The saying of the true proverb has happened to them: The dog has teturned to its own vomit and the sow that has bathed to rolling in the mire." May you all be forced to drink from Jehovah's cup of judgment! YOU GUYS ARE LIKE RAVENOUS DOGS!!

I've only recently started posting recently but i've been viewing for a while & have to say your post are some of the most pointlessly irate little lines i've seen.

What could possibly expect to achieve by ressurecting an old thread & then procede to berate its posters with no substance or genuine basis.

There are many people to whom your approach will do nothing more than confrm the doubts, & issues that they have felt & for that i thank you.

Just a few childishly mastered, text book style quoted sentances of hate probably do more to help people view the JoHo org for what it is than much of the afore mentioned placard, showing & leaflet giving.

There is true love in the world if people like yourself where only able to see.

My pity goes with you.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

NBSMonkeyman,

First of all, welcome to the forum!

Second of all, I agree wholeheartedly with your post! I should really be more thankful than anything, as comments like the above only confirm to me that JWs could NOT be God's chosen people. God's chosen elite would never be that unloving. It was the reason I left in the first place and it is the reason I stay away. Thank you for reminding me of that!

Andi

• NBSMonkeyMan
    NBSMonkeyMan

My pleasure, it's good to be here.

On the flip side of what you say peoples welcomes on these sites are allways far more genuine & less condascending than anything i experienced way back when still involved.

L8rs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit