Do you think the JW's ever will or could go the Mormon route?

by BettyHumpter 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Smiles
    Smiles

If JWs educated their new learners about the full extent of baptismal related expectations and ramifications, how many would promptly discontinue exploration of WT/JW... Many to most would frightened away.

Must maintain attractive appearances, and gaslighting.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Smiles - I love this argument. I’ve argued this point extensively, in the past, and the idea that the Mormon church is bigger is simply not true. Even with a 50% JW PIMO rate they would probably break even with LDS membership. Please read the following links.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5748058095616000/jws-bigger-more-successful-mormon-church?page=5

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5926017217593344/lds-statistics-extension-may-suggest-that-jws-could-bigger-more-engaged-membership

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/4871714881142784/three-children-families-stop-step-decline-mormon-membership

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

There are various factions of Mormons, just like there are multiple factions of Millerites. Ba’hai, Seventh Day Adventist, JW, Bible Students etc are to Millerism what LDS, FLDS, Firstborn, Reorganized etc are for Mormons.

I’m sure the FLDS doesn’t allow their kids to go to college either and they also kick those that don’t accommodate out. But they continue to exist as long as there are girls being born for the leader. The JWs don’t have to moderate as long as there are enough people to fund the lifestyle of the 7.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

IMHO, Education is the enemy of the WT because they use really dumb bible study techniques that are easily corrected with a little bit of education. The Mormons don't have this problem since they just wrote their own bible.... problem solved.

• BettyHumpter
    BettyHumpter

"There are various factions of Mormons, just like there are multiple factions of Millerites. Ba’hai, Seventh Day Adventist, JW, Bible Students etc are to Millerism what LDS, FLDS, Firstborn, Reorganized etc are for Mormons."

I'm talking about the main branch. The one with the giant temple in Salt Lake City and the ones who founded and now sponsor Brigham Young University.

I agree that the FLDS crazies who live out in the desert with 50 wives dressed like little house on the prairie probably dont go to college ;)

• Smiles
    Smiles

LDS is a massive multinational religion (and financial stockholder)

Mormons "baptise the dead", thereby further bumping their numbers.

That is why Mormons hoard genealogy records, using the names and birth dates to symbolically "baptise the dead" posthumously.

Very likely they have baptised some of your deceased kinsfolk; if so, Mormons will "undue" a said baptism only by official request of a surviving relative.

Wacky stuff.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Mormons make JWs look like the true religion. I mean that sincerely

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Smiles - the LDS is more a multinational company, than what it is a religion. There could be fewer than 1.5 million, temple recommend holders. To hold a temple recommend would be the equivalent of a baptised, full believing, Pioneer in JWland.

The LDS is the wealthiest religion on the planet. Close to a trillion dollars.

The 2 religions, have 2 different problems. JWs will probably run out of money before they run out of members. Where as the LDS will probably run out of members before it runs out of money. The LDS is not dependent on membership donations. Even if the religion side of the LDS collapsed. It could carry on as a corporation for many years.

• Smiles
    Smiles

If that is true, LDS corporate will simply payroll more people into membership.

Remember, LDS also controls BYU...

WT would dry up long before LDS or BYU sink.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

In a monetary sense the, LDS will outlast the JWs.

About pay rolling? If you watch that video. The comment was made that the LDS could pay each member $US7000 annually just to turn up to church, and it could still survive.

Many here unjustly claim that Wt is primarily about the money. But when compared to the LDS. There wealth of a couple billion dollars is very modest indeed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit