Doors not to be done

by JH 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Jesika
    Jesika

I have been living with my boyfriend for over a yr and a half and no JW's in site, of course I sleep late so that may be why LOL.

*rubbing hands together* I hope they catch me at home!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jes

• Brummie
    Brummie

We had very few do not calls, some territory maps had none at all. I remember placing the mags at a do not call. I didnt realise it until after when I re-checked the map. Point is, even do not calls are not all bad or agressive like we were led to believe.

Brummie

• blondie
    blondie
    Wouldn't it be nice if other religions went door to door but only to visit JW's. Maybe the JW,s would get fed up seeing people knock at their doors with other beliefs. That would be the only way of stopping them from pesting people. Give them a taste of their own medicine.

Actually, JH, JWs are told to view this as an opportunity to "witness" to the visitor. I remember one housebound sister viewed it as her "special territory." This included those with political issues and social concerns, and such as Greenpeace.

I have been called on by various evangelist groups, Baptists, Lutherans, and of course Mormons. I let them go through their spiel and thank them for coming that I can imagine how difficult it is to go up and knock on a stranger's door. They relax then and tell me about their experiences.

As long as their everlasting life is tied directly to the door-to-door work, I doubt that many JWs will stop. They may fake their time though.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit