Doors not to be done

by JH 12 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

The last time I went out in the field service maybe 6 years ago, about 20% of doors in the territory were not to be done. Either there was a NO JW sign at the door, or the person asked us to write it down in our notes not to come back, never. I guess that percentage of doors not to be done must be higher today.

About what percentage of doors in your city were not to be done?

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Hi JH,

In my area the Do Not Calls amounted to just a few if any on each Territory Card. Maybe 2 or 3 at most, many territories though had none.

Thanks for the memories.

IW

• JH
    JH

IslandWoman,

I guess that JW's in our area are hated more than the national average.

Quebec is Catholic even if no one goes to church anymore. JW's are hated alot here.

• blondie
    blondie

In this area the security-locked buildings block access to many JWs. More and more buildings are being built with this feature. Most congregations make up telephone territory cards.

Blondie

• kproscts
    kproscts

There was only about two territories that was actually a general DNC, due to the area. So instead of going door to door we went to the mall's and local business area's to "witness" to those walking by. I always made sure I knew when that area was coming up, after the 1 time I had to do that, man was that embarrassing - some of these JW's would damn near run "walkers" down until they stop or gave the international sign for "have a nice day now". (you know what I mean)

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

I might add though that while we had few DNC, some of the ones we did have tended to be slightly on the violent side which added to our paranoia. I remember the fear coming over us when after ringing the bell a brother on the sidewalk would signal to us that we were at the DNC! Time to pray and silently walk away while praying.

IW

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

JH,

What do you think of Blainville's attempt to restrict JWs in their door-to-door activities?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/53988/1.ashx

• JH
    JH

While I was in Montreal yesterday, I heard this on the radio. The city of Blainville, north of Montreal wanted the JW's to do less door to door. I think that the judge gave reason to the JW's once more.

What do I think of it?

They should be able to go door to door, but people should also have the right to have peace. There should be certain hours that you can and can't go door to door, but that will never work, because the JW org is too powerful.

Wouldn't it be nice if other religions went door to door but only to visit JW's. Maybe the JW,s would get fed up seeing people knock at their doors with other beliefs. That would be the only way of stopping them from pesting people. Give them a taste of their own medicine.

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

In my area, as of the time I walked away, the "Do Not Calls" were only at most a few per territory card.

I've moved three times in the 5 years or so since then, and Witnesses have called on me at home only once (about a month ago).....around here at least, "thorough territory coverage" is a figment of their imagination......And this is where their figures show the territory is worked every 4-5 weeks or so. My homes have been in average residential areas (i.e. not "gated" communities or anything of that sort).

I'm just amazed at how little I even see them out anymore. I've not been contacted in a business setting, or in "street work" either.

So my thought is what I always suspected when I was a Witness: they're way over-working some territories, while nearly completely ignoring others.

My two cents.

---Dan

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

I used to get them at my door with some frequency, but haven't seen one in years. I don't think it has anything to do with me, I just think they don't do my neighborhood any more (used to be a KH two blocks from here but they sold it, so that may have something to do with it.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit