I am so hurt. JW friend has disowned me :-(

by Hamas 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Hamas
    Hamas

I got to hear some real bad news

I was speaking to my 'best friends' sister only minutes ago.

My 'best friend' I used to do everything with. Go meetings, go to assemblies, go on service. We were so close, we could even guess what each other was going to say at times, we called it 'friendly telepathy'...

I rarely made great friends at the kingdom hall; but this guy was my number one. Last October, I left, and I told him why I did that. Since then we have had a few discussions about the so called 'truth'. No amount of truth can swing his opinion of it, he has been the victim of full brainwashing.

A close friend of his visited me, and we spoke about my reasons for leaving. Reliable sources have told me that he has spread the word that I am apostate

In a discussion with my 'best friends' sister, she has just told me that he has blocked my e mails and never wants to speak with me again. I am so shocked, I wondered why he wasn't replying.

I guess its a fine example of Watchtower love ; once a 'friend' leaves, he becomes an enemy. Only now am I starting to understand the position of those around the world who still have friends and relatives inside the watchtower. I feel so hurt, he even called me an idiot and a liar.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Hamas,

Our differences aside, I'm sorry the BORG is still hurting you.

Mike

• borgfree
    borgfree

Very sorry you are getting that kind of treatment from a friend, Hamas. Many of us know the feeling.

Borgfree

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

So sorry to hear about your experience. But I think a lot of us can sympathize. The only "friend" I had in the truth dutifully shunned me when I left. I knew that was most likely going to happen, so I was a bit prepared, but it doesn't feel good in any case.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I am sorry that you have to go through that. I would like to believe that your friend still does care about you, but yes, he is brainwashed.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Hamas: I'd leave out the latter it could get you a stint in prison this day and time. Sorry that your friend has chosen to abandon you.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

((((((((((((((((((((((Hamas))))))))))))))))))))))) I'll be your friend.

• aunthill
    aunthill

Hamas -

I am so sorry about your braindead brainwashed friend. That is what happens to people in the bOrg though, but it doesn't make it hurt any less. I am lucky that none of my family are dubs, but I did have a good friend (I thought) who cut me off as soon as she found out I DA'd myself. Hang in - it will get better.

(((cyber hugs)))

Aunthill

• Hamas
    Hamas

Thank you all for your kind comments so far.

I knew that this was the place I could speak about it. I am grateful I found this place, so grateful.

You all are truly wonderful people, everybody.

Thank you.

• Gordy
    Gordy

You are sad because your "friend" no longer speaks to you.

My wife and two of my daughters have not spoken or had any contact with me since I left 5 years ago.

How do you think I feel about the Watchtower!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit