Poll Suggests World Is Hostile Toward Great Britain

by minimus 62 Replies latest social current

• TruckerGB
  • Simon
    Simon

This thread could run and run because there is so much wrong with the UK

Where do we start?

We have a lapdog for a prime-minister who has a distinct lack of judegment when it comes to choosing friends.

Together with his wife they excel at scandal and coverups

We have a royal disfunctional family (nuff said)

Our health service is crap but no one can improve it because it's like a religious belief.

All measures of performance for schools, hospitals and so on are manipulated. We know things are worse but the official figures just say it's better, be happy.

School playing fields were sold to pay for buildings ... now buildings are sold to pay for teachers ... soon kids will be sat out in the car-park with the janitor telling them about maths.

The standard of driving on the roads is piss-poor and the roads themselves are fallnig to bits

Don't think of taking public transport though as it costs a fortune and when they do turn up (never on time) they are likely to crash.

It rains a lot.

About the only thing going for us brits is that we're not so daft to be goaded into some idiotic defence of our country over the slightest criticism.

And quite a bit of the world loves us, they make a beeline for our shores to claim asylum and we still have a friendly relationship with most of our ex-colonies that we call the commonwealth.

• Simon
    Simon

The sun never set on the British Empire because God didn't trust the british in the dark

• Englishman
    Englishman

I agree with the teeth thing. It amazes me how many Brit males neglect oral hygene, especially the smokers. It's recommended that we visit a dentist every 6 months. I don't mind uneven teeth, its the stained and missing variety that's awful.

Englishman.

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Simon,

I dunno, London buses are rather good. Well, except when you get wierdos on 'em.

Englishman,

I've not been to the dentist in years. I brush my teeth regularly though.

Ignored One.

• Englishman
    Englishman
    We have a lapdog for a prime-minister who has a distinct lack of judegment when it comes to choosing friends.

Nonsense, the guy has courage!

Together with his wife they excel at scandal and coverups

What, because she bought a flat at a bargain price?

We have a royal disfunctional family (nuff said)

Lot's of families are dysfunctional, the Royals are great fun and not to be taken too seriously.

Our health service is crap but no one can improve it because it's like a religious belief.

Serious flaws, agreed.

All measures of performance for schools, hospitals and so on are manipulated. We know things are worse but the official figures just say it's better, be happy.

Don't know.

School playing fields were sold to pay for buildings ... now buildings are sold to pay for teachers ... soon kids will be sat out in the car-park with the janitor telling them about maths.

We don't have janitors in the UK, we have caretakers though.

The standard of driving on the roads is piss-poor and the roads themselves are fallnig to bits

Rubbish. 60 million people crammed into an area the size of Oregon are going to wear things out pretty fast, we do OK.

Don't think of taking public transport though as it costs a fortune and when they do turn up (never on time) they are likely to crash.

Now you're being silly.

It rains a lot.

I love the rain, it's what keeps our beautiful island green and lovely.

Thanks Simon, I enjoyed that.

Englishman.

• minimus
    minimus

So, why don't the English care about their teeth??? They must have terrible gum disease. Their gums must bleed profusely and their teeth must rot. No wonder the polls speak of the Brits as being like old bloodhounds. Is this why their breath is soo bad? You know, the whole world believes this,now.

• Englishman
    Englishman
    London buses are rather good

Yeah! No shortage of London buses, eh Simon?

alt

Englishman.

• Englishman
    Englishman
    So, why don't the English care about their teeth???

Some don't, most of us do, although we don't go in for the tombstone look. I am very finicky about my own set of gnashers, I have a leaky heart mitral valve and oral hygiene is esential so that no bugs get into the bloodstream and site themselves there.

Interestingly, Boots Chemist operate a dental plan for £22 a month and that entitles the customer to up to 3 crowns or the equivalent each year.

Englishman.

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

I remember reading a US friend's guide book to the UK.

It said that the UK doesn't have a climate, it just has weather.

Ignored One.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit