Whats the nicest thing anyone has said/done to you?

by SpiceItUp 24 Replies latest jw friends

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

In the spirit of Minimus I thought I'd put a positive spin on things. They say when you surrond yourself with the positive its easier to be positive and vice versa for negativity (no offense to min as I also fully believe that you have to deal with negativity too)...

That being said....whats the nicest thing, compliment, gift etc that anyone has ever said or done to/for you?

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

What a good question! Big Tex, of course, is my winner in that category, but I'll tell you another story. I had the interesting experience of living in Corsicana, Texas, for a year. That was one of the most boring places I've ever seen, and I whiled away the time by pioneering, taking piano lessons with a very interesting old guy, and working part-time at a local nursing home. I was the Assistant to the Assistant Administrator and did employee orientations, paperwork, etc. No bedpans. While there, I made the acquaintance of a little old JW who had no family. Naturally, no one from the KH came to visit her, so I kind of adopted her and, even after we moved back to Dallas (thank God) I would visit her every time I went to Corsicana for a piano lesson, and I would write letters to her. One day I got a phone call from the nursing home that she was dying, so I went down for one last visit. She could barely talk, but I held her hand and told her how precious she was to me and she whispered, "You have a good heart." That one sentence meant so much to me that I still cry now when I think of it. She was such a nice, positive person, and all she wanted was someone to take an interest in her.

Nina

• Jessica Rabbit
    Jessica Rabbit

Wow, am I only the second one to reply to this boring positive question? I like to vent my negative feelings, but you are right about needing something positive in the midst of all of this.

I guess my answer would be "You sure have a cute butt." (Spoken by my husband almost everyday )

• mackey
    mackey

The nicest thing's that have ever been said to me were actually said by a witness. She would always tell me what a wonderful person I was and that outside of her parents, I was the most caring person she had ever known. I have a history of depression and she was always trying to take my saddness upon herself. She once refered to me as a kindred spirit and a force of good In her life. Unfortunatley, I am now being shunned and as far as I know, am dead to her.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Acts of kindness have always been fun to do. I remember a couple of years ago I went to a radio remote and grabbed a whole bunch of free State Fair tickets. Then a week later I went to the fair and these coupons were going to expire. I was in line to get in when a whole family came up and were going to buy tickets. I handed them enough for them to get in and they just looked at me like I was some crazy woman. I told them I had been given these and couldn't use them. This woman started to cry. She then told me her husband had just gotten laid off work and they were going to the fair to cheer themselves up and forget their worries. How much fun was that!

The kindest thing anyone has ever done was when I was in Northern Ireland. I went to visit my pen pal's parents in County Tyrone and they were so kind to me. My friend's mother greeted my first morning with "Breakfast in bed." I couldn't believe it, no one had ever done that for me. Then they held a party in my honor, all these wonderful Irish people coming and visiting me. That was so AWESOME...

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

The love of my life married me. That was pretty nice.

ash

• breal
    breal

It's hard to choose the nicest thing anyone has ever said or done to me.... lots of things come to mind.

One of the sweetest things someone has done for me is my old boss and adopted dad agreed to walk me down the isle at my wedding.

When my husband and I went to visit a really good friend of mine was battling cancer in the hospital she looked at my husband before we left and said "You take really good care of my girl. She is the daughter I always wanted." She passed away shortly there after but it meant a lot to know that my feelings for her were in line with how she felt for me.

The other nicest thing is my realtor who I have only known a short time but is a kindred spirit if he sold me a house with a pink bathroom he would come and paint it (I am not a fan of pink). Needless to say he was true to his word...painted the bathroom and kept coming back for many days to help with the rest of the renos required to make our place livable.

Cheers,

BReal

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

The nicest gift I've received was from my children. I was trained to be a proper young woman, to always watch what I said, thought and did. This made for a rather paranoid person.

My children helped me to learn to relax. When I would worry and agonize over some small mistake or misplaced word, my kids would always say: "It's not important Mom. It's OK Mom. Don't let it bother you Mom. Who cares what others think, Mom!"

Finally, after much effort on their part, "mom" is ready to roll without a care in the world!

A VERY BIG THANKS TO MY LOVING CHILDREN!

IW

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

Thanks for the nice stories....

The total lack of response though does not make me happy...It only amplifies that most people try not to see the good in their life and over-exaggerate the negative so goes human nature I suppose even if it doesnt have to be that way

Well... the nicest thing anyone has ever done to me - that would have to be Matty telling me I'm the most wonderful and beautiful person in the world.

Apart from my deepest loved one there is one thing that stands out in my mind. A few years ago my mother told me "I'd rather you be yourself instead of living a lie to please me". I think I about fell over when she said this in all seriousness and was/is a dub. It made me feel very good that my mother respected my choice to be myself and live for myself.

• nowisee
    nowisee

well a few things come to mind....

in second grade i wrote a little story about autumn leaves... my teacher loved it, told everyone about it, praised it to the class, read it to other teachers. it was the first time i thought i could do something good, meaningful... years later when i visited her she still had it in her desk drawer.

after i left the jws, and my first husband, and having just been dumped by the person i considered to be the love of my life, having no support system, a new friend, knowing how devastated, upset and depressed i was, made me swear and promise that if i were really going to kill myself i would call her first. that probably saved my life.

my current husband married me and loves me unconditionally.

and after reading treshappy's response, yes, i must recognize my father, who, though he was very flawed, and created much chaos, did love me, and deep in my heart, despite everything, i know it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit