Do you still talk to the dubs?

by Iamallcool 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Just wondering!

• minimus
    minimus

Not really. I really don’t see them anywhere.

• bsmart
    bsmart

Just family... I left without baptism (pre-1975) so dont get too much about the craptower.

• LV101
    LV101

Sure - only couple situations in past yrs. If they make effort I do same but keep it very limited. Seldom see any of the ones I was familiar with although I was around limited time thus knew fewer JWs - I know the situation is much more difficult for born-ins and those in decades. Some employed at mall I shopped at that expected to make commissions off of me regardless of my cult affiliation once I was long gone. I had my regular sales associates for years. Couple of toxic JWs in my fave stores but not sure they're around now. I tried to be cautious - kept my distance and preferred the polite, mannered, sales, associates. On good terms w/couple of ex-witnesses who are department heads.

I have to admit there was one JW who I used exclusively -- one very trustworthy, ethical, beautiful, human, being -- I could trust her to credit my account no matter the amount. She was quite aware how I felt about the religion. Drop off - race on to next errand -- never had to wait for her to do transaction, worry/question anything. She was above the cut - I've a black-belt in shopping and I can write a book!

• LV101
    LV101

I did have few returns but trunk loads purchased to try at home - some JWs one would hope to remain associates with for life if they were still around. I do understand the cult makes it very difficult but I had no issues with some.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

I still talk with a Witness who has been rather open with me, but if I manage to publish this paper I've been working on about JWs, I suspect that contact will stop.

• Ding
    Ding

They won't talk to me.

• Overrated
    Overrated

I talk to my in Brother. Always comical what is going on in Jw land.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

My contact with my still in JWS family members has dropped dramatically over the years partially my own doing partially themselves.

There is no question or debate the JWS religoius cult breaks up families.

Considering this cult has been active for 100 years, one can honestly say there has been by now millions of families badly effected .

Some of this breaking up of families has caused numerous suicides as well, another sad and unfortunate story in itself.

• iXav
    iXav
    There is no question or debate the JWS religoius cult breaks up families.

This is so true and I see another side to the issue. Some families are already messed like powdered ready made-soup, just add water. Some JW family thrive and keep communication open as family is sacred. Then you have other families that are already with issues and being JW only makes things worse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit