Women as Viewed by the WTS (continuing installments)

by blondie 23 Replies latest jw friends

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Rubadub: I find your attitude offensive. It is not necessary for a woman to wear a black leather thong in order to please her husband.

The thong can be of any material or color.

• berylblue
    berylblue
    Rubadub: I find your attitude offensive. It is not necessary for a woman to wear a black leather thong in order to please her husband.

The thong can be of any material or color.

LMAO

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Question for Readers:

Has One Found a Good Wife?

ESTEE

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

Great post Blondie !!!!!!!!

You have all heard my view on this several times over, and I hate repeating myself,

But the jist of it is ............

Women are garbage in JW land and will never change.

-no talks

-no leading the congregation in any way, even if of the annoited class.

-no prayers when a male is present (regardless of age)

-accept abuse (verbal or physical)

Isn't it funny, all of the males on earth spend alot of time out and about, going to clubs, get-togethers etc etc etc etc. for what ?????? to find a woman to spend their life with.

Just doesn't make a lot of sense does it.

Maybe all JW males should be gay.

• blondie
    blondie

Next installment:

Wives working outside home contribute to husband's death.

6/1/61 WT pp. 325-326 Your Time or Your Money?
    Even honest husbands are often likely to err in this respect. They work hard to provide their wives generously with all they need materially. But for relaxation or companionship they go to a tavern or a lodge or pursue some hobby in which their wives cannot share. They give money but not time. Not that the wife in some cases may not be partly to blame, but that is not the point being considered here. Even though she may come short, her husband still has a debt of time to pay her, even as he continues to owe her support and her marital dues. The Bible says, "Love builds up." Money, of itself, does not build up. To build up his wife a man may not be content with giving her only money or let money take the place of his giving her time.—1 Cor. 8:1.
    Not that only husbands err in this respect. Wives also do at times. Thus a certain sophisticated young woman who kept joking that she preferred being an old man’s darling to a young man’s slave married a young man after all. He learned a trade and became very successful in one of the most fashionable sections of a large midwestern city. His wife, however, in spite of his success and his pleas that she stay at home, insisted on going to work; she was determined to contribute her share in her own way. She even kept on doing the wash, although he wanted her to send it to the laundry so she would have more time. Then one day she came home from work to find that he had committed suicide. She had insisted on giving money, which he did not need, and had failed to give what he most needed—her companionship, her time.
    An extreme case? True, but the underlying principle holds. Wives working when there is no real need may be one reason why the life span of men is from six to seven years less than for women, and why so many men become heart victims

I know so many working elders' wives nowadays. I wonder if they know they are contributing to their husband's early demise.

Notice that when the husband doesn' t spend time with his wife it is partly her fault but if the wife doesn't spend time with hubby she carries the whole responsibility and the result is escalated to the man committing suicide. Don't tell me there isn't at least one case of a wife committing suicide because of being abandoned by her husband?

Blondie

• berylblue
    berylblue
    Don't tell me there isn't at least one case of a wife committing suicide because of being abandoned by her husband

Apparently, that is of no importance to the WTS. We working women are obviously robbing the Society of 7 additional years of male leadership in the congregations. Since we, as mere women, are not fit to take the lead, we are, once again, only hurting ourselves with our obdurate insistence on our own selfish prerogatives. Wise up, ladies!!!!

Rosemarie

• obiwan
    obiwan

It would kill me if my wife didn't give any money!

• Shakita
    Shakita

Good research, Blondie!

Religion, in general, has oppressed women for so long, some worse than others, it is a wonder that women haven't globally rebelled against all religion before now. The JW organization is not alone in their narrowminded and outdated view of the role of women in religion and society in general.

Mrs. Shakita

• rocketman
    rocketman

Reminds me of the Taliban.

The underlying principle is the same - it's a man's world. Men are dominate, women subservient. Women get little or no opportunity. Women should not be "worldy wise" - read, educated.

The stuff about bovine sex and shortened life spans is remarkable in its ridiculousness.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Moo.

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit