J.W. Elders Are Knowingly Complicit

by The Searcher 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• flipper
    flipper

WT Society has ALWAYS gone beyond " the things written " in the book they claim to follow- the Bible. When I used to be in the Witnesses - I even saw elders go beyond what even the WT Society printed as instructions on how to counsel JW's within the congregation. I could count hundreds of times I witnessed personally elders giving their own personal opinions as counsel to rank & file JW's and it caused these JW's MUCH grief. Because the counsel was idiotic !

And here's where the hypocrisy comes in - if elders gave out faulty counsel or wrong counsel to JW's - the WT Society would make excuses for these elders saying " they're just imperfect men " and instruct rank & file JW's not to " speak injuriously of these " glorious ones " (elders ) " - yet on the other side of the coin if a rank & file JW doesn't follow the WT Society's guidelines or " disobeys " they get jumped on and are considered " weak " in the faith. But what about the stupid elder that didn't follow proper procedures ? They are not even counseled. This is one of the main reasons I left this JW organization- there are different rules for those in power than the normal rank & file JW . I left cold turkey and never went back when I was treated in an unjust manner

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

CRAZYGUY, is this the scripture you were thinking of?

(Hebrews 13:17) "Be obedient to those who are taking the lead among you and be submissive......"

I much prefer this translation which can be rendered from the original Greek as, "Be persuaded by those going before you, and resist no longer." [the teachings about Christ?] https://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/heb/13/1/t_conc_1146017

Apart from the fact that Jesus said there would be no leaders - only him, the latter translation is far more Christ-like in tone than the dictatorial language which the RNWT uses to their advantage.

I know which rendition sounds more appealing and in harmony to me.

• dogon
    dogon

My Grandfather Bill Clegg now passed away in Florida in 2011, was an elder for most of his life and a special pioneer and CO. When the internet came out and I had started to read about 607 and other historical fallacy of the cult he gut upset and said where are you getting this? They way he questioned me was he knew about this and never said a word. He lied to us and covered up for the cult. My Grandfather was an asshole.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit