J.W. Elders Are Knowingly Complicit

by The Searcher 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    For anyone who denies that the WTBTS teaches Jehovah's Witnesses & potential converts lies and perversions of scriptures via their literature, here is a prime example:

w88 2/15 p. 9 Further Corrective Counsel - "But because of human imperfection, at times serious disputes will occur. Jesus also provides guidelines for handling them. "If your brother commits a sin," Jesus says, "go lay bare his fault 1) between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother." (Matt. 18:15-17) Only as a last resort, Jesus says, take the matter to "the congregation," that is, to 2) responsible overseers of the congregation who can render a judicial decision....In making such a decision, overseers need to 3) adhere closely to instructions in Jehovah’s Word. Thus, when they find an individual guilty and 4) worthy of punishment, the judgment ‘will already have been bound in heaven.’

1) "Between you and him alone" - if resolved, nobody else was to be informed of the sin - not even the elders! Only as a last resort was anyone else to be involved.

2) Nope! Jesus didn't say or mean "overseers", he said and meant the congregation as a whole - every member! (check the original Greek - did Jesus say ekklesia - congregation or presbyteros - elders?)

3) "Adhere closely" to instructions in the Bible? Sorry WTBTS, you exposed yourself at #1.

4) Do J.W.'s know of any scriptures which say that their "loving shepherds" have been given the authority to judge & punish them?

The WTBTS goes way beyond the things written - in order to gather evidence for their perverted shunning dogma.

May 2017 bring them even more exposure & troubles than they faced in 2016.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    The Searcher - "...The WTBTS goes way beyond the things written - in order to gather evidence for their perverted shunning dogma..."

:thumbsup:

Not all that surprising, really..

...they have to that for pretty much every aspect of their theology.

:smirk:

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

April 2017 Study Watchtower - Page 21, par. 14: "However, in many cases that do not involve serious wrongdoing, it may be possible to resolve a difference without involving anyone else, not even the elders." (Read Matthew18:15.)

Yeah, let's do that - let's read Matthew 18:15: "Moreover, if your brother commits a sin...."

Nope - I don't see where Jesus said "if your brother commits a trivial sin you can sort it out without bothering the elders."

Verses 16 & 17 prove conclusively that Jesus was referring to serious sins, and that they were to be dealt with by the parties themselves - privately! WTBTS perpetuating the lie in order to maintain fear & control.

How is confessing sins to elders any better than Catholics confessing to priests?

Keep in mind that elders can forgive you or punish you for your sins - as the 1988 Watchtower teaches!!!!!

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Keep in mind that elders can forgive you or punish you for your sins - as the 1988 Watchtower teaches!!!!!

Knowing this is enough for me to question every single thing that they claim, say or teach. To me, expecting me to submit to people who have been arbitrarily appointed for me to disclose my personal matters, be judged by them and punished by them, that tells me how full of nonsense, how controlling that organization is. Of course, then, anything they teach will be to find ways to reinforce such control, hence, I don't believe anything they say since their real intent is clear.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

This isn't just an "elder" issue. This is a JW issue as a whole. It is supported by everyone, from the GB to the R & F. Don't forget, elders are brainwashed cult victims as well. I was one for 14 years.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Yep. The WTBTS propagates false teachings concerning the true meaning of "congregation."

DD

• NikL
    NikL

I love your posts Searcher.

They always give me food for thought.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SCRATCH ME:

Yes, their intent was clear to me as well.

I NEVER believed the elders (or anybody else) were able to "forgive" somebody's sins.

This is the height of presumptuousness on their part as well as the whole religion, as far as I'm concerned.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Thanks Searcher

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Don't they use a scripture in Hebrews ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit