Underlining the answers in the Watchtower magazines

by JH 27 Replies latest jw friends

• ofcmad
    ofcmad

Ahh... talk about flashbacks....

Yes, i used to have to do a 30 sec. underline...you know how prying mother's eyes were. I would "study" it in my bedroom, come out for an occassional watchtower book (to look like i was doing research), and disappear in my room. My tv had earphone input, so i could listen and watch it in quiet...lol

ofcmad

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I heard of a CO that visited a family and caught on kid "studying" for the whole family. He had one pattern WT and underligned all the other WT of the family as in the pattern. :-)

• blondie
    blondie
    I heard of a CO that visited a family and caught on kid "studying" for the whole family. He had one pattern WT and underligned all the other WT of the family as in the pattern. :-)

Is that for real, German JW? How desperate they were! I wonder how he "caught" them. It must have been one of those unannounced visits that show how much they care. Blondie

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I was’nt the average JW I guess, I did never underline any answer - and I never was willing to give a pre-chewed answer that was written in the paragraph we just read.
    Country_Woman

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

You know undercover if you keep your mouth shut you won't demonstrate your ignorance to the whole world.

I just couldn't resist.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

My husband and I call it "colouring". Our favourite colour is yellow and very visible . We have alot of fun with it.

wanna

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Soledad,

That bro you mentioned that studied the tower for five hours reminded me of one of our local brothers who studied the watchtower like this:

1. Read paragraph once

2. Read question then read again to find answer.

3. Read all scriptures

4. Read paragraph again to summarize

It may very well have taken this brother 5 hours too.

• jws
    jws

To me, I never liked marking up books, Watchtower ones or other ones. To me, it ruins a book that you might have for several years. So I don't think I ever underlined or made notes or highlighted any of them. Magazines are more disposable.

For most of my JW life, highlighters weren't the big thing, so it was underlining. Sometimes our parents would scold us if we hadn't studied and before the meeting, we'd have to show them our underlined watchtowers. Usually, what we'd try to do is sneak into our parents room, find the copies they already studied, and copy all the underlining and put them back. Sometimes I'd even copy off of them during the meeting, with their blessing. They'd pressure us to comment. If we hadn't studied, they'd let us copy their answers so that we could look them over and find something to comment on. It seemed they'd rather us answer than worry about whether we read or comprehended anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit