Whats the craziest thing you've done at the Kingdom hall?

by yxl1 37 Replies latest jw friends

• yxl1
    yxl1

I was given the "privilege" to open the KH early to switch on the heating. They even gave me my own set of keys.

Every Saturday night, me and another JW would drive to the KH with our amps and guitars and

jam until the early morning, using the stage and the KH's PA system. We did this for about a year

and at one point we had a full 6 piece rock band (with drums) rehearsing.

Even though I dislike the Dubs, I'm not proud of what we did. Its not nice messing with peoples

places of worship...but at the time..It REALLY felt good!!

• Gadget
    Gadget

We were on security at a quickbuild and took the oppertuninty to drink lots, order takeaways, play football (A main hall is perfect for a game of 5-a-side). We ended up passing out from too much drink and woke up with football marks all over the newly painted walls....

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Going there 3 times a week for about 10 years comes to mind...

• KGB
    KGB

Tres, Im with you on that one but I got up in the middle of service and left because I did not agree with what was being taught that meeting. Later I was asked why I did that, Hell I told him the truth " it was making me sick"

• JH
    JH

I scanned paper money and printed a couple of false bills and put the face of elders on the money. I brought a couple of them to the hall and showed it to ONE person. 2 minutes after 10 brothers were all around me asking me to destroy it.

• Hamas
    Hamas

I remember getting a group of people together and 'remastering' one of the kingdom melodies ; adding some drum and bass and one of us rapped over the base beat, it was so funny.

More to the point, it sounded brilliant , we were all musically minded and it worked a treat. We burnt the track on tape, and placed it in the Kingdom Hall sound system. We were going to play it as the opening song, but the C/O was visiting so we had to be good....

If anybody out there remembers the time we done this, get back in touch !!! I miss you guys !!!!

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Replaced a fuel pump on the CO's v

• Angharad
    Angharad
    I remember getting a group of people together and 'remastering' one of the kingdom melodies ; adding some drum and bass and one of us rapped over the base beat, it was so funny.

LOL I remember there being one of those really painful to watch, lame rollpaly demos at an assembly once. In it there was a group of 'youths' talking about adding a beat and backing music to the kingdom melodies! but then they were told by an elder that it wouldnt be respectful

Maybe that was down to you lot !

• Hamas
    Hamas

lol maybe it was.

I know it certainly wasn't me on the platform; not at an assembly anyway.

I worked for an elder once and he told me that the songs are not 'inspired or anything' so as long as I was respectful I could do anything to them. I really wish I would have kept the front cover to the mock CD case we made; somehow it got lost in time. It was a doctored picture of one of the prophets in a rap type pose.

The funniest part was our name : THE UNRIGHTEOUS BROTHERS

• unique1
    unique1

I wear really short skirts just to piss people off. Also I too got up during the middle of a talk because I didn't agree with what was being said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit