Watchtower online religion

by Hellothere 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

If they don't have Kingdumb-down Halls(tm), what buildings will they have left to sell to MuckDonalds Burger joints?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

The issue for the WTS is that they will need to make sure that they can keep funds coming in if they move to an online model. They are still building and upgrading and they will eventually have a large campus (or two?) that will require lots of money for upkeep. If they can't get enough money every month/year, things could quickly snowball out of control.

The other issue is: how do you keep people in line if you cannot see them face-to-face on a regular basis? Do they think that Zoom attendance is a reliable indicator? Or how often they use their camera for Zoom meetings? Or how many "digital hours" they report? The elders will be worn out from all of the pastoral visits they will be making... not a healthy environment for them!

• Biahi
    Biahi

Maybe, no more elders, just someone to order literature and distribute it. Everything will become a “conscience matter”. So, avoiding holidays, blood transfusions, flag salute, etc. you could just use the conscience matter ‘get out of jail free’ card. No more disfellowshipping, just give money. JMHO

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

With "JW Land" being built their huge media center and theme park. It would not surprise me that they would go to totally online/ pay to view mode. Except the Watchtower has one small ( I mean) large problem, No one, and I mean no one in their right mind will sign up for JW TV ! Not the general public and they are loosing members. This is an attempt for a money grab which will fail, big time.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Like I said the religion is based on physicality. It’s hard to control someone in an environment, where tracking what a person dose and where they physically are, is almost impossible. Hey it makes been able to eat the chocolate bar and get away with it so much easier, particularly if you have pre existing doubts.

The religion needs to get rid of freeloaders e.g PIMOs. Going online could be the answer to getting rid of this dead weight. PIMOs other than for the sake of appearances, are a liability to the Borg. They need to have a smaller more devoted membership. Particularly in westernised countries, who are willing to part with their money. PIMOS contribute nothing, both in time and resources.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Think org it's tired of congregations. Been over a decade now with special watchtower weekend study how a Christian congregation should look like. No judgment or gossip and other things. JWs are usually not interested in such things. Meetings are usually a place you meet friend's and chit chat. No real development. Maeby it's much less hassel for organizations to go online and trow in towel when it comes to congregations.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The Borg has to get rid of the 'faders', or PIMO's. I agree they are the ones who dont contribute anything.

Going online and registering a 'subscription fee' is a way to weed-out faders and PIMOs.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere
    Only way to remove pimos, is to remove DF arrangements. So many are there just too be with family. If you remove DF arrangements probably 40-50 % of member's gonna abandon religion. Imagine all donation be lost and negative numbers on yearly report. They have put themselves in a catch-22 situation.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I know.....because it's what hurts the Borg's 'bottom dollar'

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Removing the DFing arrangement, ain’t ever going to happen. It would probably finish them quicker than going online would. They would get sued out of existence. It’s too late now to reverse that now, although I’d imagine some at the top would like to see the end of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit