Who Resurrected Jesus?

by snakeface 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

@galaxie

See, that's exactly it. It is an open forum but there's a reason why it's not a free-for-all forum where different topics are discussed all in the same thread like a giant soup where anyone can discuss anything. If a topic is specific and not open ended then it should remain as such. Let me expand a bit so you can see (not necessarily agree) with my point of view.

Snakeface's topic and subject matter all dealt with the resurrection of Christ. Who did in fact resurrect him. If you look at his title and opening discussion NOWHERE does he ask or even hint at whether God exists or not. The topic at hand is Who Resurrected Jesus. Had he asked if posters still believed in God or if science could explain his resurrection then I'd agree with the commentary on God's existence. Snakeface would have left this open for debate had he made these remarks.

Imagine you opened a thread talking about SUV's and the different makes, models, features, and capabilities. Then I come along and start talking about the modifications I recently made on my four door sports sedan? I could easily argue that both are considered cars and therefore, I should be able to join your conversation. But, you see the difference? Yes, snakeface was talking about God but he was being specific and was asking specifically. It wasn't a general discussion about God/Vehicles it was a specific request for further input about his resurrection/SUV's.

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

There are none canonized writings that state that Jesus did not die , was a shape shifter and fooled everyone. Theres even many scriptures that seams to attest to this as some Muslims will bring out. In one of the gospels Jesus is given Myr which can be used as a knock out drug. His legs were not broken and some claim that the scripture stating that he was pierced was added later. Also some claim that water and blood coming out if he was pierced shows he was still alive.

Then his body was taken by a friend and supposedly put into a tomb . Pilote and the Pharisees were not convinced he was dead after only three hours. Mary didn’t recognize him thought he was the gardener because of his shape shifting. In another gospel it looks as though Simon was substituted for him and it is he who was killed, more possible shape shifting.

Did Jesus really die?

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Jehovah God resurrected Jesus. Jesus is only more powerful than death because he did not sin. That gives him the right and ability to live again and be raised by Jehovah God. It is pretty simple in fact.

• cofty
    cofty

Ratt - Who do you mean by 'Jehovah God' exactly?

How can it be simple when it is being claimed that Jesus raised himself from the dead?

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

There is only one God and his name is Jehovah.

And no one is claiming that Jesus raised himself from the dead... because he was dead. Thus someone else would need to raise him. If he could raise himself he would not be dead.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Cofty I did not misunderstand your point and neither did I say that God isn't real, just that it is impossible to argue logically within mythology. But there is something more at stake considering the power and influence of religious stories. Of course it can be tedious to bring into question the fundamentals in which a religious argument is embedded yet religious axioms are mere baseless assumptions and have dominated the thinking of the masses for millennia. Should they go unchallenged?

In view of the enormity of this imbalance; the momentum of religious influence over logic, it is not reasonable to remind the reader of the OP that they are fruitlessly attempting to apply critical thinking to a fantasy?

• cofty
    cofty
    no one is claiming that Jesus raised himself from the dead - Ratty

Yes they are. You should go back and read the thread.

Should they go unchallenged? - Half banana

As you know I frequently challenge theism. Have any posters been more active in doing so?

I just think that if a topic is starting from an assumption of the basics of xtian faith and wanting to discuss a particular doctrine from scripture they should be allowed to do that. We are in danger of creating a political and anti-religious monoculture on the forum.

Why would anybody bother talking in an echo chamber?

• Half banana
    Half banana

Avoid conformism at all costs. One of the plus points of this site is the introduction of new and differing viewpoints.

I agree it is possible to compare religious views, whether believer or not, and determine connections to Biblical lore and note consistencies or otherwise. Plenty are prepared to do so and that is their right. I feel it is mainly an exercise in furthering the religious spell I wish to remove.

However the OP here has asked a thought provoking question.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

If you please Ratt,

What is your source of information? Not to sound snotty, but we are all only as smart as our sources of information. If your only source is the WTS, then you are quite possibly misinformed

There is only one God and his name is Jehovah.

And no one is claiming that Jesus raised himself from the dead... because he was dead. Thus someone else would need to raise him. If he could raise himself he would not be dead.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit