Who Resurrected Jesus?

by snakeface 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snakeface
    snakeface

One of the heresies of the WT is denying the divinity of Christ. During this "Memorial Season" they say that Jehovah (God the Father?) Resurrected Jesus. When trying to teach others that Jesus could not possibly be God, they ask, "Who resurrected Jesus? If he died, how could he resurrect himself?"

The truth is, Jesus DID resurrect Himself. He is more powerful than death. In John 10:18, most Bibles translate Jesus' words as, "No man can take my life from me; I lay it down of myself. I have the power to lay it down and I have the power to take it up again...." The NWT (New Weird Translation) translates this as, "...I have authority to surrender it, and I have authority to receive it again..." which means the same but seems to allow for the argument of Jesus receiving it from someone else. (Like if you leave your wallet with someone while you undergo anesthesia, they return the item to you afterward.) This argument is false. Jesus said, "I AM the resurrection and the life..." at John 11:25 when He was about to resurrect Lazarus.

What the WT does not teach is that God existed forever with no beginning and therefore He needs no thing and no one to keep Him alive. Humans and animals need air/water/food in order to keep existing. Plants need sunlight and nutrients from the soil to continue existing. Even the planets and other celestial bodies, need the various scientific phenomena such as gravity to keep them from colliding. But God needs nothing; He exists. All other things (including death) exist only because of His will. Therefore He is the only One who has the right to exist. Even death does not have the right to exist without His permission. Death has no power over Him. If it did He could not have been resurrected at all.

Keep this in mind if anyone tries to talk to you about the Memorial. Or whatever they call it now...

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Can't believe that all these biblical scholars that the WTS produces cannot/will not reply to this very easy biblical question. They hate the real truth in my mind.

God the Father rose Jesus from the dead AND Jesus rose from the dead from his own accord, Bible says both. He did it by himself and he did it from the authority of God the Father.

Such an important question. What is truth? Not the WTS. that's for sure

TTWSYF

• Tantalon
    Tantalon

Nobody, it is a myth

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

with Tantalon, the quicker people learn that this ridiculous fable is nothing but a work of fiction and a rather unimaginative one at that, the better, to think the hours we used to spend debating this Trinity nonsense, who G'sAF?

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Sorry, I posted this on the wrong topic earlier.

God the Trinity rose Jesus from the dead according to the bible

In Acts 2:24, Peter says that “God raised [Jesus] from the dead” (see also Romans 8:11 and 2 Corinthians 4:14). Romans 1:4 (and possibly 1 Peter 3:18) seems to say that the Spirit raised Jesus from the dead (Romans 8:11 clearly says that God will resurrect believers “through His Spirit”). And in John 2:19 Jesus predicts that He will raise Himself from the dead (see also John 10:18).

“God has raised . . . Jesus to life” (Acts 2:32). The Father is God, and the Father raised His Son to life on the third day after the crucifixion (Romans 6:4; 2 Corinthians 13:4). The Spirit is also God, and the Spirit had a part in raising Jesus from the dead. The Son is also God, and the Son, too, was responsible for His own resurrection.

How can a dead man resurrect himself? Jesus was more than a man who died; He was the eternal Son of God incarnate. Wicked men could kill His body, but they could not change His eternal nature or diminish His divine power. In John 10:17–18 Jesus says something that no mere mortal could ever say: “I lay down my life—only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again.” No one else in the history of the world has ever had the authority both to lay down his life and raise it up again.

Jesus said, “I am the resurrection and the life” (John 11:25). He did not say, “My Father is the resurrection.” He claimed to be the resurrection Himself; life resides with Jesus, and He has authority over life and death (Revelation 1:18). Jesus is God. He could say He would raise up His body on the third day because He, being God, has power over death.

Who resurrected Jesus from the dead? God did, and by that we mean all three Persons of the Trinitywere involved. All three Persons of the Trinity participated in creation (1 Corinthians 8:6; Genesis 1:1–2). All three are involved in salvation (John 3:6, 16). And all three are responsible for the resurrection of Christ Jesus.

So I guess the bible confirms the belief that God is a trinity. Go figure that one out.

TTWSYF

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

There's no way to actually prove anything about Jesus or his resurrection

To me it's like being taught from childhood that the characters from the Lord Of The Rings trilogy actually existed and then siting passages from those books to prove that they did.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

This kind of discussion comes down to who would win in a fight Batman or Superman? It doesn't base itself in reality, it's based on your take on verses some Elder(s) passing themselves off as the apostle John wrote down 1900 years ago. I couldn't care less what they think or what they claim Jesus said.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

We are all only as smart as our sources.

• snakeface
    snakeface

TTWSYF you are correct. You answered it better and more clearly than I did. My point was, the WT is wrong. I know all will agree with that part.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Jesus resurrected himself. He said it himself;

@ Tantalon, jookbeard, Pete Zahut, and john.prestor:

No one asked if Jesus existed or not. The OP asked "who" had resurrected Him. This has nothing to do with belief.

If you no longer believe, good for you, we respect that. All the same, you should be respectful enough not to interject or attempt to hijack a thread by stating your personal opinion and not adding to the OP conversation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit