Theocratic Dressing Standard

by NotFormer 6 Replies latest social humour

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

An enthusiastic new recruit attends the Kingdom Hall. The elders aren't sure about his style of wardrobe.

Does something like this ever really happen with new recruits?

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

That photo reminds me of an off color joke from decades ago before it would get one cancelled to tell it.

It had to do with two elders who questioned a young man about a suit much like the one in the photo for appealing to, as Tomo III would say it, homosexuals.

He said it was an honest mistake as he had asked his wife to go to Cox's and buy him a seersucker suit for the summer, and his wife went instead to Sears.

I'll see myself out, and don't forget to tip your server.

(P.S. Feel free to remove this if it is too offensive.)

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

nice one FED UP

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"Cancelled"? Does that mean you can be DFed for telling it?? 🤔😱

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

My dad told that joke 70 years ago and it was old then. Canceled as in not allowed by facebook

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

BTW, does "homosexual" mean "flamboyant" in JW speak? I don't personally see anything morally wrong with the way the bloke on the right is dressed in my comic. But then again, I was never under the esteemed tutelage of the GB. 🙄

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have seen bright coloured jackets and trousers in a KH.. It would be tolerated in a newbie for the sake of drawing him in . But he would not be chosen to carry the microphone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit