Why are JW REQUIRED to report Field Service Time???

by JT 27 Replies latest jw friends

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

So odd, it is like they think that by forcing people to preach it will fulfill some prophecy. Like wearing sunglasses can make the sun rise.

I don’t know about everyone else but when I am passionate about something I don’t need someone to tell me to talk about it. Quite the opposite, people get sick of hearing about it from me. This site is a pretty good example of how you don't need to be forced to talk about your beliefs.

• prologos
    prologos

mynameislame: a very good point. I did 'service', talking about the wtBts idea "God will stop all wars" before the fact that counting and reporting was ever introduced to me. that stopped when I discovered that Wt sanctioned internal war on innocents by their wt appointed herders.

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

Good Thread!! Shanabump

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Numbers don't lie. Numbers mean progress. Numbers mean money. Numbers mean Jehovah's blessing.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Requring each publisher to turn in time is highly stressful and fits in with an organization that uses coercive power over its followers.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Requring each publisher to turn in time (WITH HIS NAME ON THE TIMESLIP) is highly stressful .....

• Bella15
    Bella15

That's how the Board of Directours know how the bu$$iness is doing!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

It's about accountability. Turning in time is not only a way to measure an idividuals spirituality or for those in charge to quantify or evaluate your relaitonship God but is also serves as a way to measure ones subjection to the organization. Many are not motivated by their love for human kind, they need a way to measure and compare themselves to others or to the group and they need a tagible way to prove their worth.

Mommy, I placed 4 magazines in service today.

Good boy Pete, you are making Jehovah's heart glad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit