things you dont hear: Protest against Jehovah's Witnesses event in central Israel turns violent

by goingthruthemotions 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

it funny how the cult will imbelish on somethings and others they just sweep under the rug and you never hear anything about it again.

i was just doing some searches on the internet and stumbled on this. i had heard that the dub's were trying to get people to go to israel and then you never hear anything after that.

but looks like the rest of the story isn't so good.

words can't express my distain for this cult!!!!!!

http://www.newsjs.com/url.php?p=http://www.i24news.tv/en/news/israel/69738-150502-israeli-court-rules-that-jehovah-s-witnesses-event-can-take-place

• Listener
    Listener
    Event was originally cancelled due to opposition from anti-assimilation group
    Hundreds of protesters turned up to demonstrate outside a Jehovah's Witnesses seminar being held in a municipal building in a city in the center of Israel Saturday.
    Despite police presence, the demonstration against the event became violent, Israeli daily Ha'aretz reported.
    The protesters were angry that after a series of protests and petitions, a court ruled that the Jehovah's Witnesses event could finally take place in the city of Ra'anana, north of Tel Aviv.
    The event was originally scheduled for a couple of weeks ago but after the anti-assimilation organization Yad L'Achim group found out that the seminar was set to take place in a municipality building, representatives contacted city officials who called off the event.
    However, the Lod District court ruled that the municipality's objection infringed on the right to freedom of religion and ritual.
    According to the Jehovah’s Witnesses, the municipality broke an agreement on the use of the sports center due to discrimination.
    On the other side, the municipality said that there was “real fear” the Jehovah’s Witnesses sought to convince children and teenagers to convert from Judaism.
    According to Ha'artez, demonstrators prayed and sang loudly in groups, as the Jehovah’s Witnesses participants entered the building.
    Some of the protesters jeered at the event-goers and tried to convince them not to go in while others simply quietly, according to the report.
    “Any Jew who leaves Judaism becomes a Jew-killer!” one man shouted, accordingHa'artez.
    It's hard to know how hyped up the report is. They state that there was violence but do not detail what occurred.Isn't this what the organization wanted?

They knew there was trouble brewing because of the events surrounding the cancelling of the original event but went ahead demanding their rights through the courts. They were prepared to put men, women and children in danger, even calling in more scapegoats from overseas. At best they may have thought that swelling their numbers for the assembly would prove safer than having a smaller number or maybe they thought that having more Westerners/tourists would mean they had better police protection.

• username
    username
    I like the the fact it was a anti-assimilation group who led the protest. If anything is to be gleaned from this report it is that. This is EXACTLY how to describe the cult. It recruits then slowly assimilates a individual into the collective!
  • Driving Force
    Driving Force
    I read a few of the comments posted with the news reports, all cultish.
  • KateWild
    KateWild

The report says that JWs are trying to convince children and teenagers to convert.

This is true they aim at that age group with their simplified recruitment tools.

Kate xx

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

"Any Jew who leaves Judaism becomes a Jew killer."

The people who protested are not a bit better than the JWs.

Why is it for JWs and for all the other religious fundamentalists so difficult to understand that one who leaves a religion is not a lesser person?

• krejames
    krejames
    I think this report says more about the protesters than the JWs. Much as I have no time for The JW religion, the right to freedom of worship is important. They weren't harming anyone by meeting. If someone converts from Judaism to JW ism that's their choice. They're both as bad as each other. How can you not conclude that Judaism isn't just as controlling from this report?
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    krejames
    I think this report says more about the protesters than the JWs.

Yes I agree that the extremist right ultra orthadox display a lot of cult behaviours but it's a difficult one with Judaism.

There's a very dark side of Christianitys attitude & behaviour toward the Jews.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

Leave it to JW commenters to airbrush and cherry-pick their past. Someone needs to post the anti-semetism found in the 1934 yearbook:

The Declaration of Facts was reprinted in the Yearbook 1934. It went on in part to state:

"It is falsely charged by our enemies that we have received financial support for our work from the Jews. Nothing is farther from the truth. Up to this hour there never has been the slightest bit of money contributed to our work by Jews. We are the faithful followers of Christ Jesus and believe upon Him as the Savior of the world, whereas the Jews entirely reject Jesus Christ and emphatically deny that he is the Savior of the world sent of God for man's good. This of itself should be sufficient proof to show that we receive no support from Jews and that therefore the charges against us are maliciously false and could proceed only from Satan, our great enemy. The greatest and the most oppressive empire on earth is the Anglo-American empire. By that is meant the British Empire, of which the United States of America forms a part. It has been the commercial Jews of the British-American empire that have built up and carried on Big Business as a means of exploiting and oppressing the peoples of many nations. This fact particularly applies to the cities of London and New York, the stronghold of Big Business. This fact is so manifest in America that there is a proverb concerning the city of New York which says: The Jews own it, the Irish Catholics rule it, and the Americans pay the bills.

--------------------------------

"Be it known once and for all that those profiteering, conscienceless, selfish men who call themselves Jews, and who control the greater portion of the finances of the world and the business of the world, will never be the rulers in this new earth. God would not risk such selfish men with such an important position" The Golden Age 1927 Feb 23 p.343

JW criticism of the Jews fomented a lot of hatred in Germany leading up to The Holocaust. No wonder the Jews today can't stand them.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I dont think that quotes from 80 years ago have relevance today in respect of their attitude to Judaism...A lot of people said things then about race , they and the world have changed.

This made me smile though:

On the other side, the municipality said that there was “real fear” the Jehovah’s Witnesses sought to convince children and teenagers to convert from Judaism.

Of course that is what they do....How can you have freedom of religion , as the previous paragraph had said ... then persecute the evangelizing Christians?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit