So Cricket Boring?

by Slidin Fast 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

If anyone watched or better attended the Cricket World Cup Final and thinks that cricket is boring they should watch a re-run. What a game, what a spectacle! Amazing!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Isn't that the game where there are a lot of guys in white linen suits walking around watching?

Rub a Dub

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Shot in the arm for English cricket after being in the doldrums for decades!

• St George of England
    St George of England

YAWN!

World Superbikes today Laguna Seca……

George

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

The naysayers obviously didn't see the action. Not a yawn in the place.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

New Zealand got screwed ,they deserved to win. And I`m an Aussie.

The power`s that be in the cricket World need to review there criteria on how to judge a winner.

That decision was disgraceful.

smiddy

• skin
    skin

This world cup final had it all. Well done to both teams, as a NZer I'm gutted that the result came down to the team that hit more boundaries.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Sorry, Mate. I don't do competitive sport. I find it tedious. I'm not interested in what other people do. I can't be bothered with us vs: them...I had enough of that in the Jobos.

If you like it...watch more.

We will all be dead sooner than we'd like and there is nothing after that, no matter what blokes with special hats say. We'd better enjoy life to the max without harm to others.

Have a great time sliders!

• blondie
    blondie

I helps to appreciate a sport if 1) you know how it is played, the strategy, and the rules, 2) you are acquainted with some of the players/teams, 3) you have a bud(s) to watch it with and discuss.

I have heard some people say that baseball is boring. It still seems to be popular still.

I grew up in Germany and sports are not part of the curriculum in school. There are sports clubs (vereins) for that.

But I remember that in the US many people are more interested in betting on sports, than playing it or watching it for entertainment (I suppose winning money on your bets could be entertaining)

• Simon
    Simon

That was the BEST day of English sporting events wasn't it?

Lewis in F1, the Cricket, that Wimbledon final.

I pity North Americans and the boring crap sports they have been indoctrinated to 'love'. They are so bad that the half-time adverts are the highlight of the finals.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit