Zealous preaching

by punkofnice 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• St George of England
    St George of England

As you know I am a PIMO because of family, who, like yourself was raised as a JW from the 1940's. My wife was a pioneer and I used to do my bit.

However, this last 5 years or so I have seen a malaise within the congregation that I have never seen before. The D2D is all but dead and the only "preaching" is with the trolleys. At our congregation they change over every hour or so and then return to the KH for coffee and food. I've seen them serving up everything from cakes to chilli and rice. Then wander off for another bash on the trolley. It's just a social thing really.

The meetings are as flat as a pancake, the comments are just regurgitated from the assigned material. We recently had a CA; nobody even mentioned it afterwards and the same happens following the RC in the summer.

The contributions are seriously down which is probably why the recent letter instructing the elders to review the amount the congregation sends each month.

I just wish my old man, and my FIL could see what has become of their religion, the one they chose and inflicted on my wife and I.

Rant over

George

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PUNKOFNICE:

Have you read the thread on the GDPR thing? That sounds like it’s going to kill the ministry. It certainly is not the JW religion it used to be when I was in.

To me, it seems like the incredible shrinking religion.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Ding - I find that hard to believe because it's one of their key "proofs" that they have the truth.

How many times have we heard the whinge, 'only we Jobos are preaching door to door like Jesus said...' Pitiful nonsense that can change at the drop of a Gobshiting Body member's booze bottle.

St G - The meetings are as flat as a pancake, the comments are just regurgitated from the assigned material.

How could they be any flatter than they were in my day? Actually, I've had a sneaky beaky of the meetings(tm) and you're right...they are worse than terminal constipation.

LHG - Have you read the thread on the GDPR thing?

I've had a quick butchers. It looks like the need for the Gobshiting Body to avoid fines trumps what they once insisted the bibble caommanded.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

if it wasnt for me being a member on here--i would have thought the cult had packed up :

the nearest kingdom hall---a very smart looking property--i think one of the first quick builds in the UK, is now a vets practice ( an animal hospital.)

i'm retired and home a lot--i havent been called on for ages--i never see any dubs slowly creeping about with briefcase in hand wearing a suit and tie.

i never get tracts or magazines through my letter box.

what it really wants now is a major change in its teaching--something that will send them packing in large numbers. say---armageddon is now just a figurative notion--or something that takes place invisibly--like a spirit battle between god and the devil. that should do it.

• dozy
    dozy

I have a PIMO relative in the south of England ( basically waiting for his aged JW mother to die before he fades ) and he often speaks about the lack of urgency and activity in the ministry in his congregation - the worst he has ever known ( and he has been a JW for 40 years. ).

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DOZY:

What you said about your PIMO relative only attending for the sake of an aged parent is probably more common than we know.

We can expect the dismal attendance in the JW religion in coming years to drop even FURTHER as these elderly JWs pass away and their adult children are finally free to walk away from the religion!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Stan - what it really wants now is a major change in its teaching--something that will send them packing in large numbers

I think the broadcasts from the Gobshiting Body are probably putting people off. I know it would me.

Dozy - he often speaks about the lack of urgency and activity in the ministry in his congregation - the worst he has ever known ( and he has been a JW for 40 years. ).

I can well imagine this PIMO is not alone.

Longy - I know of one closet gay that is waiting for his dad to pass before coming out and leaving. I think it's a shame he can't just be himself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit