Dark Night of the Soul?

by Ravyn 23 Replies latest watchtower medical

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

JT,

While I do not know about your experience, because i have not had one, although a times I feel a oneness, that is spooky, and I say whoa, and it stops. I want to proceed farther but, fear or something seems to stop it, i don't know.

I would also like to say that when a person dies litterally he will go through this experience as well but in a much more permanent sense.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Frankie, Fireworks type spiritual experiences are not important. They are just experiences. What, is experiencing? Who am I really? That's what's important. This "oneness" you sensed. That's It! The illusion of boundaries, walls and boxes evaporating, that the oneness of Truth is realized. This, is our true nature, beautiful and free. Often times awakening moments are very subtle and gentle. Perhaps most go unnoticed unless we are being very quiet and present with Life. They are not what the mind expects or thinks awakening should be. Ultimately, the mind doesn't have a clue. As it is our true nature, it is possible to be as one always, rather than just fleeting glimpses here and there. Be patient and present right here and now, for here you are. j

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

I Went through such a process and it was everthing mentioned here. It is very powerful and the journey was extremely difficult. But now......

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

James:At the time even "I" wasn't there. My ego was completely subsumed.
    Later, as awareness of what had occured started to gather, there was a sense of "belonging". A "togetherness".

What followed was a period of insatiable "seeking" to find conscious explanations.
    Then cycles of being absorbed once more.

One period, which lasted only a matter of days, but was at it's most intense through a whole night, until the early hours, stripped me of every experience and "token" that I had garnered. All that was left was the rock of truth, in the midst of the maelstrom, with which to cling. It was a horrific period for the psyche.

A little over a year ago I entered into a cycle where even "experiences" (of which there continued many) held little impact. That continued for a further 6-7 months, during which I had to take a break from the board.

Now I'm entering the subtle wisps of another cycle, each having been different from the last, and stripping more from me. I believe it started, tentatively, about a month or so ago.

In Christian circles there's even a theological term for it: Progressive Sanctification.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit