Not sure if this is the right area

by Zoewrex 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• starScream
    starScream

Zoewrex,

I study economics as a hobby. I see a major worldwide economic depression on the horizon based on certain major economic indicators. It may very well lead to the end of the world in the aftermath. It wont be at the behest of any JWs though. They will likely make several false prophecies heading into it.

One reason JWs think they are right is they percieve themselves as the only ones announcing armageddon. Amazing. Lots of people talk about the end of the world but most of them are crazy.

• Emma
    Emma

Zoewrex,

Try to not get discouraged when you can't reason with them. They've accepted the spoiled food from the wts and will likely accept that over logic and reason. It may boil down to your visits being conditional on not having religious discussions. It's gone from logic to emotion for them. They won't be required to shun you and your daughter, though, as if you'd been part of the religion.

Crisis of Conscience will be a big help to you. My thoughts are with you and your daughter.

Emma

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Dear Zoewrex,

Welcome to the board. My advice for you? Listen to the great advice you get on this board.

Oh, and get a room at a motel or stay at a campground if you need a little vacation from your vacation:)

• talesin
    talesin

zoewrex

I'm new to posting messages, but not to the sorrows of missed birthdays, exclusion from family gatherings, etc. Had a good cry abt my parents' 50 anniversary this year and my exclusion from same. I find it's a great comfort to remind myself that i am no longer part of that cruel, inhumane culture. I'm happy to hear that you are taking early steps to protect yourself and your children from the JWs - keep up the good work - congrats on looking for support !!

I do not a pray, but will keep you in my thoughts and send masses of good energy!

• Zoewrex
    Zoewrex

All - Great prayers, thoughts, vibes etc...have all REALLY helped! For the first time in years I went into this knowing I was 'armed' with information. While there I brought up the 'Generation Issue' and received the 'we're coming to the end and more information is reveiled' answer. I brought up the stake vs. cross issue and conceeded to not knowing Greek, yet my History degree is concentrated on Ancient & Europen Cultures. I received C of C and am in the middle of that right now and I also received Christian Beliefs which I'll start after C of C. My husband & I have decided to stop showing any type of interest in their beliefs (ie: Bible questions, debates, meetings) and concentrate on our own faith and values. This Board has really helped SO many people!

-Tracy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit