Jehovah's Witness Retirement Homes and Senior Care

by Tahoe 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

I remember a lot of talk about donating to Jar Jireh homes. We had a special day at the KHall and lots of Donations

then we had a jumble sale where everyone donated things to raise money for the ‘old faithful ones’

I remember some saying you know it’s not a donation to the society it’s just company making a profit

well exactly the same thing then

• a watcher
    a watcher

Wow. That video by Skeans bragging about how many ex-full time JWs are there. I guess there's no room for the rank and file.

• LV101
    LV101

Shoot me now - I'd rather be assassinated as be in a WT/JW bunker for the aged/dying.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

If you think you're repressed,isolated ior whatever now as an adult JW,,,imagine what its like being in a JW retirement home!!

Its probably worse by 100 fold.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

That video by Skeans bragging about how many ex-full time JWs are there. I guess there's no room for the rank and file.

-

who pays for their care? When UK bethel moved a few years ago the lucky ones got to stay in the infirmary and the unlucky older ones were kicked out to fend for themselves

• a watcher
    a watcher

They cobble the money together from somewhere and are partially subsidized by donations from other JWs. (I meant to say RETIRED full-time JWs)

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

My mom is in the one in Allentown. Price range is $4100 -$6900 per month. I knew Tony and his wife same cong. Talked to him about 3 months ago at the home. 101 and out walking by himself , great shape. He just recently passed away now though. .

In that video he was at a loss of what to say about his wife. Say "I really loved her!!!" It's not that hard.

• a watcher
    a watcher

I don't think they would want me there. I don't worship the GB.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I had a relative in Jah-Jireh. The pros included money not being an issue, they do seem to finance on a wing and a prayer without pressure on families.

Cons, they run it on pseudo "spiritual" lines with WT studies, day texts etc all infant of the bored dribbling residents. There are few things to do that take the oldies out of themselves or give them enjoyment. Few outings, no birthday parties, no celebrations, nothing to break the monotony.

My idea of hell.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Here in the UK they have four homes, though the reviews and inspections in past years has not been great.

Jah-Jireh Charity Homes

A look at the Companies House website makes me wonder just how it "functions"

jah-jireh - Find and update company information - GOV.UK (company-information.service.gov.uk)

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit