DID JESUS LOSE HIS FAITH?

by plmkrzy 47 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AGuest
    AGuest

And why, dear Gumby, when you see the word "Armies"... do you assume "military"? Are not the stars an "army"? The word "army" also denotes numbers... as in myriads. As in angels... as in locusts... as in stars.

Peace to you.

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

SJ

I submitted the name JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH into the search engine to see how many definitions I could pull up.

Would you believe, here I go again with that "believe" stuff, ;)

that my first web search only found 1 link? GUESS WHAT LINK?

Posted by AGuest [AGuest] on December 02, 2000 at 10:09:40 {l8vynJe1jk0hi4VK0MIQ.CObQGnL8s}:

Q.CObQGnL8s}: In Reply to: How Would You Know?? posted by NeonMadman on December 01,

www.geocities.com"> *How Would You Know??

December 02, 2000

*How Would You Know??
    [ HOURGLASS2 OUTPOST ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by AGuest [AGuest] on December 02, 2000 at 10:09:40 {l8vynJe1jk0hi4VK0MIQ.CObQGnL8s}:

In Reply to: How Would You Know?? posted by NeonMadman on December 01, 2000 at 17:46:12:

Such has already occurred. The actual PROOF of it in on page 219 of the "Proclaimer's Book." Indeed, they were already apostate when most of us 'entered into her'.

What happened then? Rather than sticking to the one Leader who had called THEM out of the darkness of 'Christendom', they once again went appointing for themselves a 'king'. Thus, in 1938, the named "the Society" as "the visible representation of the Lord on earth," and then passed a RESOLUTION... making the Society their 'leader'.

You will also note that those who did NOT agree with that ceased to associate with those that did, SEPARATED themselves and 'quit touching the unclean thing.' However, the book words as 'such ones no longer continued to called Jehovah's Witnesses...', which is true, but gives the impression that the ones who weren't in agreement were the ones that were wrong. Indeed, it was the other way around... those that CONTINUED to follow 'the disgusting thing standing in a holy place'... were wrong. Those that SAW such 'disgusting thing'... fled.

For those of us that came after that time, however, we were lured into that organization of false 'light' for the mere fact that we are 'lovers of truth'. And such ones said they had it. Indeed, who had heard such a thing... that there were those that had 'truth'? Certainly not us, for many of us had looked far and wide for it. And found nothing. And so here comes this organization of people who say, "We have truth; we ARE the truth."

So what? Well, as 'sons of light', we are in fact attracted to light. And Light... is Truth. To us, they are one and the same, because, in reality... they ARE one and the same. When we hear the words 'light' and 'truth', something is awakened in us; we are attracted to it... and we follow it. Because 'sons of light' is what we are.

John 8:12
    John 14:6
    John 12:36

However, this following is tantamount to the scene in the Walt Disney movie "A Bug's Life," where two bugs on a journey encounter a 'bug light' on a patio. As one bug hangs back, the other is somewhat mesmerized by the BEAUTY of the light, and so is drawn to it. The first bug, however, shouts, "Louie, Louie... DON'T LOOK AT THE LIGHT!" Why would he say that? Because while indeed it is a light, it is a death-dealing light! Thus, NOT ALL LIGHT... IS GOOD LIGHT!

But poor Louie, bug that he is, gets drawn ever closer to that BAD light, because afterall it IS a light. And bugs are drawn to light. Saying, "I can't HELP it... it's so BEAUTIFUL..." he is drawn closer and closer until... ZAPPPPP!!!! He's toast!

You see, the problem with all of the 'lights' out there, and those who reflect them is this:

SATAN KEEPS TRANSFORMING HIMSELF INTO AN ANGEL... OF LIGHT!

So, just because a group of people say they HAVE 'light' doesn't mean they have TRUE LIGHT... LIFE-GIVING LIGHT. Indeed, there is the Light of Life... and then there is the 'light' of Satan... which is death-dealing!

So, how do we know the true 'light' from that which is false 'light'? BECAUSE THERE IS ONLY ONE... TRUE LIGHT! His name is JAHESHUA (Jah Saves) MISCHAJAH (Chosen of Jah)... and he is the Son of God. He left his home with God, the "Father of Celestial (heavenly or spiritual) Lights", and became flesh.

John 1:3-5, 9, 14

Why did he DO that? In order to bring 'light' to us... mankind... to lead us out of the 'darkness' of this world. But not all 'receive' that light; some follow false lights, and others even prefer to stay in the 'darkness'.

John 1:12

And it is those to stay in 'darkness' that manifest themselves as having FALSE LIGHT. How so? By NOT LOVING THEIR BROTHERS... or their neighbor! This means, not loving any... WHO ARE NOT LIKE YOU! Indeed, such ones, while SAYING they are in the light, are really actually still in darkness.

John 3:19-21
    1 John 1:5-7
    1 John 2:9-11
    1 John 3:9-12

So, how do we know that in truth, there is only ONE 'light' that we should follow? Dear ones, there are things 'WRITTEN'! Indeed, let me ask you:

1. How many 'lights' led our forefathers (Israelite and 'alien resident' alike) out of the 'wilderness', that place between bondage, slavery, and oppression in Egypt, and the Promised Land, the land 'flowing with milky and honey'?

Exodus 40:36-38

Only ONE... right?

2. How many 'leaders' did Jesus SAY we would have?

Matthew 23:10

Only ONE... right?

3. How many mediators between us and God do we have?

1 Timothy 2:5

Only ONE... right?

3. Whose 'voice' did our Lord say we would LISTEN to?

John 10:1-5

Only HIS... right?

And yet, he has APPOINTED 'lights' and 'voices' to speak for him in his absence... right? So, 'how would you know' if the one SPEAKING is indeed speaking in harmony with our Lord?

Matthew 5:14-16
    John 20:22

A. They would SAY so, freely and openly CONFESSING and ADMITTING that it is by HIS SPIRIT... that they speak! They would take NO credit for themselves, neither saying that it is to some 'faithful slave', some 'society' nor some 'organization' that you should listen to... but to the SON OF GOD... and to his holy spirit! The thus words, 'following the Faithful and Discreet Slave,' 'listening to the Faithful and Discreet Slave,' 'remain loyal to the Faithful and Discreet Slave,' or ANY OTHER phrase that takes glory AWAY from God, His Son and His Holy Spirit... would never be 'even mentioned' among them!

Acts 2:33
    Acts 4:25
    Acts 15:28

And when they spoke of their own 'initiative'... they would also confess THAT:

1 Corinthians 7:12, 25

B. They would know that they were to seek, not their own will, but the will of the Father... through the Son. What will is that? That ALL SORTS OF MEN may come to Him... that ALL SORTS OF MEN may be granted entry into the kingdom... by means of the blood and flesh of Christ! Thus, they would know that the 'Way' in which such ones could do that would NOT be 'shut up'!

John 14:6
    John 15:4-7
    John 6:56
    John 6:51, 52
    Luke 22:19, 20

C. They would know that when saying, "Go, therefore and make disciples...", our Lord did NOT separate such disciples out into classes! The they would be ONE FLOCK... with ONE LORD... having ONE HOPE... and serving ONE GOD. For indeed, GOD IS NOT PARTIAL!

Matthew 28:19
    Ephesians 4:4
    Acts 10:34-36
    Acts 11:1

Indeed, they would KNOW that like the Law Covenant that was open to fleshly Israelites and all those that went WITH them..., so, too, the New Covenant is open to ALL of mankind... and NOT just a 'few'. They would know that while under the Law Covenant, fleshly Israelites enjoyed a view more privileges than did their alien residents, under the NEW Covenant, there is NO partiality with God!

D. They would know that those TRULY doing the will of GOD, would, as the Bride of Christ... KEEP SAYING "Come!"... and say to ANY who are 'hearing', ANY who 'wish it' and ANY who are 'thirsting'! "Come" do what"? As 'ambassadors substituting for Christ', they would keep offering the 'water of life', HOLY SPIRIT... to ALL who would drink of it! And they would NOT take it upon themselves to 'set a date' as to when that invitation ceased. For truly,

NO ONE KNOWS THE HOUR!

Thus, the invitation by the spirit AND the Bride is continued and extended until the very day that JAH... 'shuts the door'... and no one else.

Revelation 22:17
    Genesis 7:16

And those are just a FEW of that which has been recorded for us so that we would 'know' whether a group has left God... or not.

I hope this helps you... and all others who have ears to 'hear' what the spirit says. However, hearing has no benefit, unless one LISTENS.

May the undeserved kindness and mercy of my God and Father, JAH OF ARMIES, and the peace of His Christ, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH... be upon you!

YOUR servant, servant to the Household of God, Israel, and a slave of Christ,

SJ

I was doing a basic search using various search engines to see how many places I could find definitions of the name: JAHESHUA and how many might include MISCHAJAH.

I only found 1 that included both. However I did not use but 3 search engines so I am guessing there are more to be found.

I enjoyed reading this response you wrote to madman and even though it is "a little" off topic I wanted to post it here for others to read that might find it interesting. Hope you do not mind.

Thank you for you replies to this thread, I enjoy your insight.

plum

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

For the most part this question has been answered accurately. It should be emphasized that this was a prayer of hope by Jesus from the cross, not of dispair. Even today this psalm is prayed by devout Jews as an act of faith when facing adversity. He probably prayed this over and over from the cross which is why some thought he was calling on Elijah the prophet (because of the obvious verbal link between Eli (Eloi in aramaic) and the name Elijah.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Plum... thank you for that post... and may you have peace!

I re-read it and was glad to see that not much has changed in 3 years, with the exception of my Lord explaining the difference between JAH's holy spirit... and THE Holy Spirit... which difference I will post separate, sometime today (I hope).

May the undeserved kindness and mercy of my God and Father, the Most Holy One of Israel, whose name is JAH of Armies, and the peace of His Son and Christ, my Lord... JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH... be upon you, if you so wish it.

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped
    Plum said:
    (Quoting UnDisfellowshipped:) Why was this done? Because The Father had to place all of our sins onto Jesus Christ, and then The Father placed all of our punishment, all of the pain and suffering that we deserve for our sins, onto Jesus Christ. (End of Quote)

The reason I have a hard time following that is because we never stopped being punished and never stopped suffering.

Plum, I was not talking about the suffering that humans go through in this life, I was talking about the suffering of being separated from God forever.

Plum said:

(Quoting UnDisfellowshipped:) Jesus had to experience the torture of being separated from God that each one of us deserves, in order for our penalties to be paid for by Jesus. (End of Quote)

Ok here I have to disagree because I don’t believe we deserve to be “tortured”. I believe that there had to be an exchange of faith. Adams faith, or lack of, was voided and replaced with Jesus. In order for it to be a valid exchange it had to be on a human level, not a “protected by holy spirit” level.

The Bible makes it clear that Jesus was sacrificed for EACH and EVERY one of OUR sins, not just for Adam's sin.

Therefore, in order for each and every person's individual sins to be placed onto Jesus, Jesus had to be Infinite -- He had to be God in the Flesh.

Also, Jesus Himself said that unsaved sinners are tormented after death -- please read Luke 16:19-31.

Plum said:

What was confusing to me was the idea that Jesus felt he had been abandoned and it was not obvious to him that things had to happen that way. He must have known ahead of time (I would think) that he would have to stand on his own faith alone. Then that thought leads me into other directions such as, Jesus still had a great advantage because he is the Son of God. Did Jesus remember his existence before his life on earth? Or did Jesus believe in his existence?

You're right, I would also think Jesus would have known ahead of time, and in fact, the Bible says He did:

John 18:3-4: Then Judas, having taken the detachment of soldiers, and attendants from the chief priests and Pharisees, came there with lanterns, torches, and weapons. Jesus therefore, knowing all things coming upon Him, went out and said to them, "Whom do you seek?"

Well, yes, Jesus was the Son of God, but have you ever thought about it this way?

Jesus was the Son of God -- He had the power and authority to walk on water, calm storms, to cast out demons, and to raise the dead -- but He willingly humbled Himself, knowing that He had all that power and authority, and died that horribly painful and torturous death on the Cross!

Notice these Verses:

John 18:5-6: They answered Him, "Jesus the Nazarene." Jesus said to them, "I AM." And Judas, the one betraying Him, was standing with them. Therefore when He said to them, "I AM," they stepped back and fell to the ground.

When Judas and the others came to arrest Jesus, what did Jesus do?

First, He boldly proclaimed that He was "I AM!" (See Exodus 3:14 and John 8:58).

Then, using His Divine Power, He forced Judas and the people with him to the ground!

Why?

In order to show that He had the power to destroy those people, but that He was willingly giving up His Life as a Sacrifice.

Yes, indeed, Jesus did remember His Life in Heaven, every detail of it, and not only that, Jesus, while on Earth, fully knew The Father, which no human can do. Jesus could also read human minds and hearts while on Earth.

Plum said:

(Quoting UnDisfellowshipped:) Jesus, on the Cross, experienced the pain that each and every one of us would have received (End of Quote)

I use to believe that, except for the going to hell part. I don’t believe in a “hell” where bad people go. I do believe in some form of life after death.

If I come back as a cow I will be thoroughly pissed off!

Well, I don't know whether or not Hell has literal fire or not, but, according to the Bible, Hell is definitely a place of eternal conscious separation from God.

Everyone who believes in the True Jesus Christ will never ever go there ever.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Therefore when He said to them, "I AM," they stepped back and fell to the ground.

The word of my Lord is that they stepped back NOT because of what he SAID... but how he LOOKED. They... gasped at him... because what they now SAW what they had NOT been told: what he LOOKED like - they were expecting to SEE something... someone... with quite a different appearance.

Isaiah 52:14-53:4

Of course, some will say that they already knew what he looked like. My Lord's response to that would be why, then, did Judas need to IDENTIFY him... with a kiss?

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    The word of my Lord is that they stepped back NOT because of what he SAID... but how he LOOKED. They... gasped at him... because what they now SAW what they had NOT been told: what he LOOKED like - they were expecting to SEE something... someone... with quite a different appearance.

First, He boldly proclaimed that He was "I AM!" (See Exodus 3:14 and John 8:58).

Then, using His Divine Power, He forced Judas and the people with him to the ground!

Why?

In order to show that He had the power to destroy those people, but that He was willingly giving up His Life as a Sacrifice.

I'm going to have to read at least a chapter before and after each of these verses with these perspectives before I can comment because it has been a while since I went through these areas.

I'll come back later after I've read these with your perspectives. Or try to.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

AGuest said:

Therefore when He said to them, "I AM," they stepped back and fell to the ground.

Of course, some will say that they already knew what he looked like. My Lord's response to that would be why, then, did Judas need to IDENTIFY him... with a kiss?

A slave of Christ,

John 18:1-9: After saying these things, Jesus went out with His disciples across the winter stream Kidron, where there was a garden, into which He and His disciples entered. Now Judas, the one betraying Him, also knew the place, because Jesus often gathered there also with His disciples. Then Judas, having taken the detachment of soldiers, and attendants from the chief priests and Pharisees, came there with lanterns, torches, and weapons. Jesus therefore, knowing all things coming upon Him, went out and said to them, "Whom do you seek?" They answered Him, "Jesus the Nazarene." Jesus said to them, "I AM." And Judas, the one betraying Him, was standing with them. Therefore when He said to them, "I AM," they stepped back and fell to the ground. Then He asked them again, "Whom do you seek?" And they said, "Jesus the Nazarene." Jesus answered, "I have told you that I AM! Therefore if you seek Me, allow these men to go," so that the word might be fulfilled which He said, "Those whom You have given Me I have lost none."

Why would Roman soldiers care Jesus looked like? Every single one of the Roman soldiers was so shocked by what Jesus looked like, that they all fell to the ground??

Also, why in the world would JUDAS have been shocked by what Jesus looked like??? Why would JUDAS have fallen to the ground?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit