Only one real point per WT study...

by JW_Rogue 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

Has anyone else noticed that in the WT study articles the main point they want you to remember is always somewhere around paragraph 11-14?

It's like a formula

Intro and overview paragraphs 1-4

Basic WT stuff 5-8 (not controversial)

Bible examples 9-10

Cult stuff to remember 11-14

More bible examples 15-18

Remember doing good means everlasting life 19-20

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

👍👍👍

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

Use to wake up around paragraph 17 or 18 and spend part of 19 in the restroom planning where to go to eat...

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

It's not like a formula, it is a formula.

Writing dept. has extensive and detailed guidelines on how to write stuff for the JW litterature.

That's why wt study articles and also the public editions have had a predictable build up for decades.

In field service I've been offering the magazines without having read them since I was twelve. Just looking at the cover plus knowledge of the standard build up told me everything I needed to know.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Let me get straight to the point here. Yes you are correct. This is a true observation you have made.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

In hypnosis we call this a "yes set". You get someone to agree with something minor, then get them to agree with another minor or ambiguous thing then they're more than likely to agree with the third because the brain likes consistency.

The WT are introducing a basic bible idea (yes), then another (yes) than a cult message (yes).

• Listener
    Listener
    I didn't realize that but now that you mention it, yes, that's true.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Only one real point to watchtower study

(para 11 -14)Obey us!

• stillin
    stillin

It's mind-numbing, isn't it?

• careful
    careful

PE, nice observation. Ironic, isn't it, since the org says hypnosis is so evil?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit