Hailstones?

by NotFormer 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Do you ever think you would see one of the governing bodys forced to throw their suit jacket over a literature cart as the police walk by?šŸ™„

Just wondering.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Translation: ā€œhailstonesā€ in NW OT.

Translation: ā€œhailā€ in Revelation. As in OT, the use of ā€œhailā€ in Revelation seems to be literal, imho.

And the first one blew his trumpet. And there occurred a hail and fire mingled with blood, and it was hurled to the earth; and a third of the earth was burned up, and a third of the trees was burned up, and all the green vegetation was burned up. (Rev. 8:7)

And the sanctuary of God that is in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant was seen in his sanctuary. And there occurred lightnings and voices and thunders and an earthquake and a great hail. (Rev. 11:19)

And a great hail with every stone about the weight of a talent descended out of heaven upon the men, and the men blasphemed God due to the plague of hail, because the plague of it was unusually great. (Rev. 16:21 NW1984)

Problem with JWs, they view the trumpet and plague judgments as figurative, symbolic of their preaching messages. This allows them to come up with such wayward interpretations.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Yes, I have seen several threads on this upcoming hard-hitting ā€˜Hailstoneā€™ message on Reddit.

So, the Witness religion is now at this point, eh? I guess it means that I should go running back to the religion in fear, right?šŸ¤® (sarcasm). I would be a real masochist if I did that.. All my mental healing and peace would be undone. I would have to have my head examined.

Most of us are Out because of abusive treatment of one kind or another.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I mix up the messages and prophecy but I thought one (of many) applications was the "hard" messages delivered post 1919. The other applications of things get confusing and mixed

Does the ice melt and extinguish the fiery message? Or was it the bowls contained water?

One thing sure: they are always right even when wrong. And the evil slave is just a story which cannot happen. Honest, just ask them.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Should the Borg be so ridiculous as to implement a "hailstone" message,, there is no going back. Ever!!

Theyd be screwed.

They just want to manipulate,,abuse and induce fear tactics.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Once again, Chicken Little and the "sky" is falling. More fear. They will change their message when nothing happens as usual.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Jw's with their hailstone message will just get laughed at.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Time to resurrect the Kevin class posts

• Listener
    Listener

I don't think they are going to officially announce the start of the Hailstone message since they haven't said that the GT has started. But they use it as a motivator to ramp up the recruiting work and possibly to introduce new ways of doing it. They are just preparing the sheep at the moment saying they need to prepare to be strong because one day they may have to deliver a Hailstone message

What is it that would cause the younger brother in the broadcast say he was scared about delivering a new witnessing method and hide the JW logo when a policeman walks past?

My guess is that they are going to be told to actively approach the public.

I think this might be illegal in certain areas and it will get them into trouble from the police. At the best, they could be seen to be a public nuisance. But this is why the Watchtower didn't introduce this when cart witnessing began.

It won't be easy work for the JWs anymore. Many will hate it, from feeling uncomfortable to fearing it.

Their plans of this Bible bashing method of recruiting may backfire with more JWs giving up and that's why they have to push this hard and instill even more fear into them. They likely anticipate this will motivate many JWs to return.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Kevin class?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit