What is wrong with America?

by Tyler 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

How many shows aimed at kids portray unpopular kids as figures of mockery while popular kids have all the fun and also join in the mockery?

that's been going on in britain for years, in programmes like grange hill etc. you cant blame 'the american high school system' for what tv programmes are shown.

• Princess
    Princess
    That’s too stupid, even for the Americans”

What the f*ck do you mean by that?

The fact that TV shows portray this means that it is clearly a culture that is widespred enough for audiences to relate to.

Once again I have to ask, are all Brits like Mr Bean? Do all British women act like Mrs Fawlty or the women on Abfab? What a completely clueless, stupid thing to say. Just because it's on TV, shows it's really happening...um, right.

I'm with Teenyuck, I'm sick to death of America bashing threads. The fact that Simon joins in makes me feel totally unwelcome on his board. See ya.

• Descender
    Descender

We don't like America ... blah blah blah...... We're obviously free thinkers cause we don't like American policies........blah blah blah ........ you're obviously a Bush loving ultra-conservative with your head in the sand cause you're an American.......blah blah blah........... By the way, the whole make up of your American society is wrong ...... blah blah blah ......... oh yeah, we don't like you ........blah blah blah ....... we don't like your kids either ..... blah blah blah ...... America is going to end up being the next Nazis and try to take over the whole world soon ...... blah blah blah .... stupid attractive Americans ..... generic "we hate America" post # 986.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    That’s too stupid, even for the Americans”

What the f*ck do you mean by that?

LMAO!!!!

• Simon
    Simon

Personally, I find the incessant bitching and complaining a real turn-off.

I'm with Teenyuck, I'm sick to death of America bashing threads. The fact that Simon joins in makes me feel totally unwelcome on his board. See ya.

Yes, go on, blame me for everything. Woe betide me when I try and suggest that people don't discuss certain topics because then I get the "free-speachers" starting doing their bitch.

Whatever anyone posts ... it is my fault for "allowing it"

If you want to discuss a topic then discuss it. If you don't then don't. If you think something is wrong then post a response and tell people why. All that this "oooh, America bashing ... I'm off" attitude does is make people think that they have a point and you are running away from the arguments / issues.

If you don't want to join in then don't but PLEASE, stop trying to blame ME for everything.

a. I allow people to have their say in a pretty free and open forum

b. I am allowed to express my own opinion on matters

Now, for those who STILL don't get it, why don't you try and find the topic where ThiChi (I think it was) started an 'anti-British' topic.

Did we run off screaming? No. In fact, we agreed with the valid points made AND THE TOPIC DIED. You'll probably be hard-pressed to find it.

So, instead of the knee-jerk, WTS-like "I must defend my country even if it's wrong" attitude. Why not stop for a minute, think about what is said and respond to that. The only people keeping these topics alive is YOU with the idiotic replies.

AAaaargh !!!!!!!

• Shakita
    Shakita

After 9/11, I woke up to realize that the entire world loathes America. This hatred was years in the making. I think that the American government did a really good job in hiding that fact from the general public. Either that, or they didn't know the scope of that hatred themselves. I was absolutely stunned to watch the young Arab men on TV denounce America and say that the United States had it coming. They justified the killing of thousands of innocent men, women, and children by saying that they don't hate the people of America, just the government. Hate the government....kill the people...makes sense to me.

The government has said that there will be a major terrorist attack within the US in the next two years. I don't know how they know this, maybe just covering their backs. All I know is, that I have no confidence in the government to prevent this from happening. And, when it does happen, will the world again say we had it coming?

I say let Saddam Hussein back in Baghdad, turn a blind eye to Kim Jong Ill's nukes, give Afghanistan back to the Taliban, and restart the star wars program to protect ourselves from what the world says is none of our business. Will everyone be happy then?

Mrs. Shakita

• Simon
    Simon

The link to the thread.

Note how none of us took the bait as ThiChi obviously was hoping ...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/19/52907/1.ashx

Notice how quickly the topic died.

Do we feel bad or un-British for being critical of our own country? No.

LEARN TO IGNORE. IT IS NOT DIFFICULT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit