What is wrong with America?

by Tyler 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Tyler
    Tyler

Now I am in England, so first Ill explain why I am criticising America and not my own country.

America is taking over the world. This is a fact. Certainly comercialy, politically,, and definatly the Media Industry. It is only a metter of time before trends in America start sweeping through the UK, so my criticism is not a case of Xenophobia, but a valid fear for the trends about to engulf my country, as well as the rest of the world

One thing that bothers me about American culture is it’s obsession with good looks. Now, this is not disturbing in itself, but it seems to have crept its way into the justice system! The Media appear to be more sympathetic to murderers if the are good looking! Somehow I imagine all the Americans responding “So what”, yet to us British the response is likely to be “No! That’s too stupid, even for the Americans”

What is more is the American High school system seems to encorage bullying. No Kidding! How many shows aimed at kids portray unpopular kids as figures of mockery while popular kids have all the fun and also join in the mockery? The fact that TV shows portray this means that it is clearly a culture that is widespred enough for audiences to relate to. Worse, if it is going on then why are programs aimed at kids endorsing this horrable enviroment rather than discoraging it?

From my knowledge of History there was a culture that was just like this. They valued good looks and a Class system. They were commercially based, and yes they even had their social misfits who they mocked with venom. I’m sure you know who I mean.

Nazi Germany! Oh but wait! Didn't Nazi Germany start invading other countries thus earning the enmity of the rest of the world? Mmm. No paralels there then!

• berylblue
    berylblue

From my knowledge of History there was a culture that was just like this. They valued good looks and a Class system. They were commercially based, and yes they even had their social misfits who they mocked with venom. I’m sure you know who I mean.

From my (admittedly limited) knowledge of history, there have been many cultures just like that....but thanks for your thoughts.

Rosemarie

• Xena
    Xena

Don't hate us because we are beautiful

Honestly though in any culture people are drawn to attractive people....is it fair? Probably not...but who said life would be fair?

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Tyler, since I seem to have started you on this rant with my response to you regarding Christian Longo, I feel I must respond.

Please go back through the active topics from about March forward. Start reading the war and anti-America threads.

This has been said and done.

We are tired of being compared to the Nazis. Private Message Realist, Searchforthetruch, Pleasuredome, Hamas, William Penwell, gitasatsangha, Simon, Trauma Hound, foreword and so many others. You an all get together and bash America together and feel better. You don't need to involve the whole board. Because we will be just that. Bored.

• dedalus
    dedalus

There's plenty to be critical of in America, and there are many Americans, myself included, who are grateful for the right discuss what's wrong with their country. But you, Tyler, are a hysterical nut without the slightest idea what he's talking about, and your rambling half-brained post is laughable at best.

Dedalus

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Tyler; have you ever been to the USA?

teenyuck; freedom. of. speech. use. the. back. button. and. read. another. thread...

... your immediate equation of any negative comment about America is dull; I live in Holland, I was born in England, and I'm quite happy to discuss the problems with those countries. What makes the USA so special people can't discuss the problems with it?

If it seems out of proportion, then realise this is what comes from being a world power with a population of 250 + million, and very low levels of popularity around the world (due to American foreign policy). The big butt gets kicked most.

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

Teenyuck,

Do you realise how proud you've made me putting my name in with all the free-thinkers on this board.

I'm SO proud to be Anti-War and Anti-Bush.

Thanks.

• Simon
    Simon
    Please go back through the active topics from about March forward. Start reading the war and anti-America threads.

Actually teenyuck, you'll find it is war and anti-WAR threads, not anti-America. If you think that America = War though then I think that is your own problem or perhaps speaks volumes.

People are quite free to speak out and voice their objections to the war and what they see as bad foreign policy. This does not mean that they are anti-American though, just that America is doing things and behaving in a way that they do not agree with.

• dedalus
    dedalus

teenyuck; freedom. of. speech. use. the. back. button. and. read. another. thread...
    Ironically, teenyuck was using her freedom of speech to express her exasperation with this topic.

Can someone explain to me why, invariably, sensitive topics galvanize around a poster's right to free speech, when that right was never challenged? After all, teenyuck didn't even remotely suggest that

• Hamas
    Hamas

I also thank Tennyuck for placing my name amongst those that are anti - Bush.

Remember, we have nothing against the American people. We are against American policy. It is funny, you could parrallel anti American accusation with anti semetic accusations ; those that dare to speak against Israel are labled Anti Semetic, those that dare to speak against Bush and his cowboy administration are labeled Anti American.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit