Is Russia Bluffing?

by Fisherman 39 Replies latest social current

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Supplies of offensive weapons to the Kyiv regime would lead to a global catastrophe,” State Duma Chairman Vyacheslav Volodin said. “If Washington and NATO supply weapons that would be used for striking peaceful cities and making attempts to seize our territory as they threaten to do, it would trigger a retaliation with more powerful weapons.”

What is Russia implying? And are the threats nothing to worry about?

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Russia is implying that if NATO aids their puppet state and Ukraine actually invades Russian held territories then Russia will escalate the war. Europe has been pretty lucky with the weather this year, so natural gas demand and thus the pressure Russia can exert is minimal which makes them a bit optimistic in what they can get away with. Russia however has been holding on to the areas it initially intended to capture so to Putin, the war has been successful and can be over at this point.

It’s all just saber rattling at this point, but air and ground offensives on Kyiv once spring comes and invasions into other states such as Czech Republic (which is like Ukraine, divided into ethnic groups that really don’t care about their central overlords), and it seems Putin has enough clout to pressure Belarus into the war, which would be devastating to Europe’s and NATO’s hold on the arctic areas.

Winter isn’t over yet though, if the warm front ended in Europe, the war would be over in no time, at this point, it’s probably going to be another year of fighting.

Russia is asking Ukraine and Biden into a peace treaty that sees the current occupied territories part of a separate state, probably allied with Russia, like Belarus or Kazakhstan. Biden will refuse, as will Ukraine, neither of them are willing or able to declare defeat. Are they bluffing? No, Russia’s army is bigger than all of Europe’s combined, everyone knows they have been staging new gear that’s significantly more powerful than what they started with last February. Right now Russia is playing chicken, hoping Zelensky gets his hopes up and starts attacking those staging grounds and that would be sufficient reason for Russia, China and co to flatten Ukraine.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

yes--i think poo tin is bluffing--hes finished.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

poo tin

Nope. It’s Put in like the dose of radiation someone put in the news reporter’s food a while back.

Nice post Anony Mous!!

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    invasions into other states such as Czech Republic (which is like Ukraine, divided into ethnic groups that really don’t care about their central overlords),

I regularly go to Czech Republic and don't understand this comment. Czechs very much care about their democratic government and are sick of this war. It has increased the price of most everything. There are no "overlords" there. They are not a fan of Russia I can assure you, them having occupied their country from 1968 to 1988. The feedback I am getting is that Zelensky is viewed as a narcissistic and crooked sleezeball. Many Ukrainians are in their country instead of staying and fighting for Zelensky.

No one is afraid of Russia invading Czech Republic from there that I am aware of. I talk with people from there every few weeks or so. Czechs believe this can be resolved diplomatically, but NATO keeps it going along with the USA by sending Zelensky hundreds of billions of $$$.

The West is getting scammed by Zelensky. Maybe its Zelensky dancing in high heels that compels NATO and the USA to flood him with money?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CDJejIZOgU

Anyway, the Czech's have a better understanding of the complexities of the war than western europe and especially the USA.

This is a good article on the situation.

• waton
    waton

trouble is, Russia has annexed the most fertile and industrially powerful region of the former pan-Ukraine ( may be some aircraft manufacturing excluded). Yielding it, would leave Ukraine a very less rich country. Re-conquering the occupied parts would result in a Stalingrad - type defensive battle put up by the Russians.

Realpolitik would be to face reality. Let the Polar/grizzly matka bear have her prey, and settle down, if that is possible living next to a predator, with all its lice, never nice.

Anomy Mouse must be thinking of the past, of Czechoslovakia ( where I was in 1931) that stretched east of Praha a long way.

yeah, Russia would love to have Nato countries waste all their armament (Leopards) in the Ukraine theatre, then to be able to re-integrate all their former vassals states, this time expulsing and replacing all these populations like they did in Ostpreussen, now Kaliningrad.

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

The heavy tanks like the German Leopard 2, it seems are gonna be given to Ukraine....things are escalating day after day.

The thing, if a country from the OTAN is attacked in retaliation by the Russians, the Article 5 is gonna be invoked, guess nobody has stomach for that even the Ruskies.

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

The mainstream media have it exactly backwards

they say Putin is near deaths door (Biden true)

Putin has almost run out of military equipment (Biden true)

Putin is the aggressor and is working towards the opposite of peace (Biden true)

Putin loves the Nazi and is arming/supporting them (Biden true)

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I don't think we in the West really get the Russian view of life, it's value or the power of Russian propaganda. The people are fed from the State broadcasting, a bit like the very biased propaganda and lies from the BBC, CNN or Fox.

If Pooh Tin is backed into a corner, I don't think it'll take much for him to press the big red button. I don't think he'll have much opposition.

War won't solve this. Negotiation might lead to an uneasy peace.

Just my 2 penneth. But what would I know?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Is Russia bluffing? - well, there's only one way to find out 🙄

The implication here, of course, is that Russia will escalate via using nuclear weapons.

Former PM Boris Johnson was in Kiev yesterday, being given some award by Mayor Klitschko. And Boris was confident that Putin would not press the big red button.

What makes Boris so certain?

Have the intelligence services briefed him, or is he just bullshitting like usual? 🤔

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit