Happy Birthday to Me!

by Iown Mylife 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

There's a beautiful sky this morning. It's my birthday, today I'm 64 and look every inch of it, but I appreciate my life and feel fortunate to be cult-free. Also very fortunate to have a purposeful and entertaining existence here in gorgeous north Georgia (in the USA). And lucky as all get-out to be able to participate on this wonderful forum, my favorite website.

Last night Steve brought home a yellow cake with chocolate frosting and two birthday cards, a funny one and a serious one. He made sure to inform me which one was which before I opened them, LOL! We ate birthday cake with our granddaughter, and had a good time laughing and talking. She was packing for a trip to tour another college, this is her third tour, looking to see where she really wants to apply. At the first two, the music directors were so nice, telling her they hope she will be going to their schools because she plays double bass. It's hard to find bassists for college orchestras.

I still have my mother, she is 93, living in the same house for 60 years. Her sister is there with her, she's 87. My mom sent me a check for $100, she does that every year. "Get something for yourself, some new shoes and a new top!" She was never a jw. She believes in birthday fiestas, making a huge deal out of it. That's what they did when she was a girl in Cuba. I keep telling her we're working a lot and don't have the energy to put on a fiesta. I think we partied enough when we were young - this year is our 40th together and we're feeling OLD, lol!

I hope you all are feeling well and many thanks for all your posts and info.

• kpop
    kpop

Happy Birthday!

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

hey thank you!

• under the radar
    under the radar

Happy Birthday! And congratulations on such a wonderful family life. Having your mom and her sister still around is so nice. And I bet you're excited that your granddaughter will be going to college and has the luxury of pretty much being able to select where she wants to attend.

FYI, yellow cake with chocolate frosting is my absolute favorite. It may be a Georgia thing... I'm from Georgia, too!

Thank you for starting my day off with a smile.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Thank you - You're on my radar now, fellow Georgian!

• eva luna
    eva luna

Wow , you are loved.

Enjoy your day.

Plus, the best of luck to your Grand Daughter's musical studies.

Cool Double Bass Girl.

It feels good to be alive and enjoy love and the simple things . Like Cake! :-)

• fokyc
    fokyc

Wishing You a very happy birthday from the UK.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Thank you so much, eva luna and fokyc! my granddaughter loves everything British, from the Beatles to the funny shows like Mighty Boosh. I will tell her she has a new nickname, Cool Double Bass Girl! At her school they call her The Wizard, ever since she was in jazz band.

Right now i'm watching eastern blue birds at the feeders - this is a wonderful Beatles birthday - "When I'm 64"

• LV101
    LV101

Happy/HAPPY Birthday!! Just celebrate all week or until the cake is all gone. Each day of life should be celebrated and -- wait that sounds like JW cult talk but especially birthdays.

I'm laughing about your birthday cards - I love them but a TV comedian that plays the part of a husband choosing the romantic/more serious ones (like wive's/significant others long to receive) is hilarious and now every time I open that type from my husband we start laughing. He swears every line is true and fitting, of course - LOL.

Eat lots of cake - love your Mom's birthday tradition and ideas.

Best -

• flipper
    flipper

Happy Birthday IOWN MYLIFE ! Hope you have a great one ! I'm a big Beatles fan as well - now you are 64 ! Well- always remember inside you just turn 39 every year again. Sounds like you have a really nice family who treat you well. Good for you, have a great day ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit