"Love Never Fails" ... Really ?

by Finkelstein 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rockemsockem
    rockemsockem

Looking forward to seeing Evans next bit on the Assembly. i have been out since 95 and this is nothing at all like the religion I left.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

I always try and Temper my comments with the thought that "It was what I was doing for many years".

I still remember giving a 20 min local needs on how to act properly with DFed friends and family.

It was a great talk. I was very loving and understanding. Acknowledging the pain and the confliction. My sister was DFed at the time. I talked about how hard it was for us, and how Jah experienced it himself, and all the other bullshit to make it seem like it was the right thing and the best thing for the DFed person. After the meeting, every family with a DFed person came up to me to thank me. UHG :(

I look back and have many regrets at being an "exceptional" speaker. I hate that I motivated many people to be stronger in the cult. I also helped 2 people to baptism, and 2 others that regularly attend, though not baptised.

I WAS the problem for a long time, even though I was never the dogmatic, idolog, ruling class, thoughtless elder we generally get.

No matter what we did as JWs, elders or publishers, we were part of the problem during that time, and we should always remember it.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Good comments all

So what we can conclude is that the JWS love is tainted with pretentiousness and corrupt due its inherent restrictive conditions set and enforced by the WTS.

Restrictive love as such as not talking to people even family members isn't any kind of inter personal love at all.

What kind of love is it that breaks apart families so fathers loose their relationship with their daughters and sons ?

Even if you see and witness someones behavior reckless and harmful to themselves and others you dont or shouldn't stop all contact to these people, not in today's understanding of human psychology .

• jp1692
    jp1692

If it’s conditional, it ain’t love. Love—real love—never shuns.

Let’s review: It’s a cult!

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Hi Finkelstein

Even if you see and witness someones behavior reckless and harmful to themselves and others you dont or shouldn't stop all contact to these people, not in today's understanding of human psychology .

Jesus ate with sinners but he was in control where and when he needed to be.

I watched a program once on a girl speaking to her father who had been abusing her. He wouldn't stop and she said these words to him, "dad I love you but I wish you would stop doing the things you are doing to me."

Now that girl, presumably removed herself or was removed from her father's presence. Until he changed his behaviour, how much interaction could she have with him?

Change the crime to theft, drug dealing or whatever. If you help someone and that is the life they live, their economy, their household, so to speak. How are they going to thank you for anything you do for them as a friend? Invite you to a drugs party? Make you a gift of something that doesn't belong to them?

Sometimes you have to step back from people, otherwise you are making a victim or yourself or you are potentially on the road to getting involved with wrong doing.

People can put themselves in positions where you can't help them.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Anna, not sure what your point is?

Are you justifying shunning?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes I agree Anna, even the bible puts forth that suggestion to watch your association with evil ones and it makes good sense but the WTS has made this expulsion or separation extenuating involving people who dont agree with the doctrines the WTS established, such as 1914, birthdays, partaking of the emblems, being involved in politics etc. etc. those aren't aren't necessarily described as evil harmful behaviors .

Some would describe that as an act of exploitation and self supporting manipulation of power over others.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Hi iwantoutnow

People use the word 'shun' and it means one thing to them. To others it means something else, so I'm making the point that the negative aspects of shunning need to be clearly defined because on occasion it is wise to not have anything to do with some people.

Here's an example of what I mean using another word, the word discrimiate. Now if someone discrimiates against a person that's viewed as bad. But what if you discriminate when you choose a team member who you think will help you win a game? Or a discriminating art dealer who chooses to invest in a valuable painting.

The word discriminate immediatly makes people think of negative things but there are positive things too. Similarly with shunning, you might immediatly associate the word with negative things but there are times when its a positive thing.

Hi Finkelstein - I don't I just know - I was df'd a few weeks ago for saying 1914 is a lie.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I was df'd a few weeks ago for saying 1914 is a lie.

And your correct upon that which further shows the WTS is expressively evil (sinful) in their act of apostasy against Jesus and his spoken word.

The WTS has been proliferating a tainted commercialized version of the Gospel of Jesus for a very long time.

One of the main reasons why I left the JWS was out of the tainted and corrupt lying and unscriptural teachings of the WTS and the actions by its top orchestrative leaders.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

WT is getting quite the reputation with the "worldlies" and those who have decided the cult is not for them. When you Google JW's, nothing positive comes up. All you see is CSA cases, shunning, no blood transfusion deaths and wacko beliefs. The EX JW community is really hammering WT! WT had to name the assembly "Love Never Fails" due to their crappy reputation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit