Anyone else get a message from Hanged Man?

by pale.emperor 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I dont know why I'd want to argue over something like this. I've been aware of this theory for years. As interesting as it is - it's still bullshit.

For future reference, I believe the bible to be a collection of fantasy, myth, real locations and crazy ramblings of psychedelic bloke stuck on Patmos.

My reply:

Hanged Man, you haven't posted any topics on the forum yet. Perhaps if you start a topic on here about your findings, then those interested could reply... yes, maybe even cofty (all hail him).

• stillin
    stillin

Take it as a compliment! Hanged Man views you as a reasonable person and feels that you would consider his words. He probably guesses that he would be mobbed on the open forum and wants to pre-emptively get people into his corner.

• waton
    waton

astronomy has made it possible to calculate back and forward the position of the Planets for millennia, No precise bible references to match that. and

You need massive Masses to make a dent on life on Earth. like the coincidence, that the Sun, the Moon rotate in ~ 27 days, and so does the human reproductive cycle. and

The bible mandates the rhythm method.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

You need massive Masses to make a dent on life on Earth. like the coincidence, that the Sun, the Moon rotate in ~ 27 days, and so does the human reproductive cycle. and The bible mandates the rhythm method.

You'll need to cite your sources for these claims waton, they're interesting claims. I just need to see the evidence to continue with this line of thought.

• waton
    waton
    You'll need to cite your sources for these claims

sorry, can not link, but google it, rotation of Sun ~ 27 days depending on latitude, depth. Rotation of the Moon/Earth system ~ one month. Fertile time of humans, every ~ second week after menstruation.

This is not astrology, although our own "astre", the Sun with 99% of the mass is rotating, as in a waltz on a Vienna* dance floor with us in sync. Another interesting rotation fact:

Jupiter, Saturn (90% of planetary mass) turn like a tire on the road, with zero contact velocity. Even Earth& moon embrace like that.

http://www.sciforums.com/threads/jupiters-orbital-velocity-equatorial-velocity-cancel.159733/

*Vienna the waltzing city, now rated the most liveable metropolis on the planet.

Here is another link where the rotation/ life cycle idea is discussed: linking venus and mars.

http://www.sciforums.com/threads/mercury-venus-earth-space-drag.152727/

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

There’s definitely some Astro theology is the Bible one example is Ezekiel chapter 1 I think, but it’s where he sees god chariot and the 4 living creatures well those creatures are the 4 cardinal points of the zodiac. I don’t think the whole Bible is all about Astro theology though like this man claims. Many of the stories in the Bible are just retellings of stories from Sumeria and I can find know correlation to Astro theology.

• sir82
    sir82

Now I'm all depressed - evidently I'm not considered "intellectual" enough to get a wacko IM.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

There’s definitely some Astro theology is the Bible one example is Ezekiel chapter 1 I think, but it’s where he sees god chariot and the 4 living creatures well those creatures are the 4 cardinal points of the zodiac.

I agree. There was also a theory that the life of Jesus perfectly explains the zodiac in order. But what with the bible being bullshit anyway and the zodiac being bullshit upon bullshit i dont give a fuck.

Happy to have intelligent conversation about it, but argue about it? Why would we?

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

The bible contains elements of astrology here and there, or at least an ancient precursor to what we would now call astrology, but the idea that the life of Jesus was an entirely astrological allegory is pure fantasy. Jesus was probably real, just a Jew from Nazareth (not Bethlehem) with some unorthodox views who had a small following, but only became truly famous a few decades after his death, much like Van Gogh, but without the talent. Unlike Van Gogh's story however, there were probably no incidents involving ears in Jesus's case, regardless of what the bible says.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Fred you are guessing about some of these matters, Jesus could not have been born in Nazareth since it only began as a place about a century after he died. The Bible makes a linguistic conflation of the word nazarite (Jewish mad monk syndrome) and Nazareth (place founded after Jesus died).

Pale I think you should think again, there is nothing wrong with the word Zodiac. It has suffered from a contamination with astrology but it only describes the zone 9 degrees either side of the plane of the ecliptic (the belt within the cosmos in which the solar system travels and marked by 12 constellations each year). Predictive astrology is foolish but if you want to get to know the stars you absolutely need to know where they are at different times of the night and where they are in the sky in relation to the constellations of the Zodiac each month of the year. Stories about the stars, perhaps even sung communally, were a great way to remember a vast amount of information, learned by repetition, by rote, before the time that writing was invented.

There are a lot of stars! All 'primitve' peoples know thousands of them by name, even today--why? Because the stars were the abode of the gods and stories about the stars were the mnemonics told from time immemorial from parents to their children to be able to connect one star with another and recognise the constellations and to what end? Importantly to navigate the deserts and seas but also the heavenly events were the tribe's calendar which determined the times for annual rituals and later on after 7000 BCE; the heavens became the farmer's almanac.

Think of the Twelve Labours of Hercules, a story for each month. . .

Genesis 3;15 is a great example of how a star story got adopted and hijacked by having it put in writing and then fixed into the Bible canon. What the churches and Watchtower consider the pivotal and profound prophecy is actually a description of how to remember a bunch of stars near the Pole star. Hercules' club is about to smash the head of the serpent while the snake is about to bite his heel.

So the churches condemned astrology-- why should they have done? It is because the folk tales of the Bible are actually at source "star stories" woven into a historical sounding narrative. It is paganism made holy but don't tell anyone!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit