oldest known skulls of modern humans?

by frogit 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Good information... I've only looked at a bit of it so far (there's so much!) but I saved a shortcut to it.

• AlanF
    AlanF

An excellent article, Hawkaw!

AlanF

• hooberus
    hooberus

Some of those who write for the American Scientific Affilation do not write from a Biblical perspective. The Bible clearly teaches a global flood (something denied by many of the American Scientific Affiliation). Those who claim to write from a "Christian perspective" should either agree with the basics in the scripture or write from another perspective. Concepts such as theistic evolution, local floods etc, are not compatible with a Biblical prespective.

The following sites discusses radiometric dating from a biblical perspective:

http://www.trueorigin.org/dating.asp

http://www.trueorigin.org/camplist.asp#dating

http://www.answersingenesis.org

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    Concepts such as theistic evolution, local floods etc, are not compatible with a Biblical prespective.

I couldn't agree more. That's why I no longer believe the bible to be true. At best it is filled with some good moral stories but they are only allegorical.

If the flood really happened, why is there no hard evidence for it? Unless God hid all of the good evidence. Also, there is not enough water on the planet to cover the highest mountains.

I agree that evolution is not compatible with the Bible's teaching of original sin from the first human pair. When I was still a JW and yet believed in evolution, I initially thought maybe God used evolution. But it's clear that it wouldn't have worked with the original sin concept.

• hooberus
    hooberus
    If the flood really happened, why is there no hard evidence for it? Unless God hid all of the good evidence. Also, there is not enough water on the planet to cover the highest mountains.

See the Q&A section of the Answers in genesis site for more information on these things, such as the amount of water etc.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

AiG's web site is rediculous and their answers for most things are far fetched. Regarding the flood, they claim that "if the earth's topology was leveled off, the water would cover the dry land." Perhaps that is true. But the topology is NOT flat. Also, Mt Everest did not exist until AFTER the flood? Hello? Plate techtonics are responsible for mountain ranges. The plates move very slowly; Mt Everest did not spring up only 4500 years ago! Of course that's not a problem for AiG to believe because they are young earth creationists.

Most of their answers are speculatory at best. Their answers to some things are even crazier than JW beliefs. One of the craziest things I've read on their site is how "scientists explain evidences to fit their predetermined ideas." They next claim that they are absolutely confident that all evidence will match the "facts" in the Bible. Um, who now has a predetermined mold that they must fit all evidence into?

Oh yeah, and the Grand Canyon took millions of years to form. It didn't happen in a matter of days from the flood.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Here's a quote from their web site which makes me gag. The writers try to force all evidences to fit their blind faith in the Bible. They do a poor job in my opinion. And it's only going to get harder for them as time goes on. (Highlighting is mine.)

When Did Dinosaurs Live?

The story we have all heard from movies, television, newspapers, and most magazines and textbooks is that dinosaurs lived millions of year ago. According to evolutionists, the dinosaurs 'ruled the Earth' for 140 million years, dying out about 65 million years ago. However, scientists do not dig up anything labeled with those ages. They only uncover dead dinosaurs (i.e., their bones), and their bones do not have labels attached telling how old they are. The idea of millions of years of evolution is just the evolutionists' story about the past. No scientist was there to see the dinosaurs live through this supposed dinosaur age. In fact, there is no proof whatsoever that the world and its fossil layers are millions of years old. No scientist observed dinosaurs die. Scientists only find the bones in the here and now, and because many of them are evolutionists, they try to fit the story of the dinosaurs into their view.

Other scientists, called creation scientists, have a different idea about when dinosaurs lived. They believe they can solve any of the supposed dinosaur mysteries and show how the evidence fits wonderfully with their ideas about the past, beliefs that come from the Bible.

No proof whatsoever that the world and fossils are millions of years old? This guy is smoking something.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

hooberus, we've been through this before;

The Bible clearly teaches a global flood.

I agree with you, if you take a literalistic view. However, it might just be describing what was all over the known world of the people if refered to, if you read critically.

If the Flood was global, how come trees in California were growing before during and after the flood, when if any global flood had taken place they would have died?

I have yet to see your refutation of the reliability of the dendrochronogy used to date these bristlecone pines, and you keep forgetting to post it...

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Alan F.,

Thanks for the comment. I find that essay along with your research some of the best on the internet for explaining to the general public how us geoscientists date materials.

More than 40 radiometric isotopes, other isotopes that no longer exist, continual clay varve deposits in today's large lakes, ice cores from contiential glaciers in Greenland and Antartica, tree rings from bristlecone pines who only grow on the mountain sides in the high elevations where the climate is aird/dry climates (thus, multiple tree rings per year is almost impossible and no ring per year is more probable), tree rings from oak trees in Europe and on and on clearly provide overwhelming evidence of an old earth.

hawk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit