My turn?

by myself 15 Replies latest jw friends

• myself
    myself

Our phone rang tonight after over a year of being left alone by the local congreation. I noticed the name (dont ya just love caller ID). I declined the call and let my hubby know I didn't want to accept it. I think he is still fuming over my sisters (noidea) df announcement tomorrow night. He is so protective of her. He also remembers my dfing when I married him. He has always been supportive, if I wanted to remain in the borg he wouldn't have a problem with it. He supported me emotionally thru all the ups and downs when I was going. Anyways, he picks up the phone and walks into the next room (I can hear his end of the conversation) "Who's calling please?" pause "oh well you must have a convention coming up" pause nervous chuckle on the other end of the phone line saying they did. "Well I figured it must be something like that because that is the only time you (witnesses) bother to call, but I will let her know you called." click

I told him that it may be time for a CO visit, or because of noideas dfing it may be time to officially oust me. I have done my fade, I am through and have no desire to be contacted. They can do what they wish, but it will be without me in attendance.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Good for you myself! It sounds like you've got the right attitude. As long as you are there to support your sister things will hopefully work out for the best for the both of you! It sounds like you've got a wonderful support system there with your husband.

Take care!

~Aztec

• Soledad
    Soledad

haha your hubby's reply was fantastic!

• myself
    myself

Aztec, thanks. My sister is handling it well. She plans on going out tomorrow nite to celebrate. I live an hour north of her, and last time I went out on a work nite I partied too hard and missed work the next day. Thank goodness I had a boss who thought it was funny. We are going to go out Saturday. Yep she gets two partys. Free at last.

Soledad, what he really wanted to do was rip them a new one, he held back out of respect for me. He will only tolerate so much though.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    because of noideas dfing

This sounds more likely. They tend to do a witchhunt when one member of the family gets ousted...oh yep to your hubbys response...lol

Brummie

• Ghost of Esmeralda
    Ghost of Esmeralda

((((((((((myself)))))))))))))) big hugs...

They can do what they wish, but it will be without me in attendance.

Good for you. that was the approach I took...and it worked for me. I have no regrets about it, either...

hugs

essie

• rocketman
    rocketman

I didn't realize that Noidea was being df'd.

I ought to get caller ID - comes in handy.

• myself
    myself

Brummie, I thought it could be part of it because some of my sister's ex's family attends the hall here. In the meantime we'll see if they want to start round 2.

((((((((((Essie))))))))) back at ya. I have one concern and that is one brother (an elder) who remains in. I love him dearly. He and I went a few rounds last fall/winter and realized through some harsh email that we both had a lot of misunderstandings about each other. He was very sweet when my sister called him, he saw a lot of what she had been through and reassured her of his love. I am afraid that won't solve the shunning issue. Well four out of us five siblings are out, that is a plus.

Rocketman here is a thread she recently posted about it. It doesn't take long before they get buried

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/53367/1.ashx

• little witch
    little witch

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((NOIDEA AND MYSELF))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

MISERY LOVES COMPANY,,,,,,,

BUT HAPPINESS CELIBRATES FREEDOMS WITH BEER!!!!

YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT, I AM SURE IT WILL BECOME FAMOUS!!!

• nowisee
    nowisee

hi myself!

it is nice to talk to you, and thanks for replying to my post earlier.

i am glad for your husband -- it means so much to have such strong support --. and i am glad that you seem to have resolved so many issues and that you are sure of yourself and at peace with your decisions. it is an enviable place to be. your kind and compassionate responses to so many (including me) are also most appreciated and valued.

my very best wishes to you, nowisee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit