Mercury, (the Messanger) on Monday.

by waton 14 Replies latest social current

• waton
    waton
    Yeah, I don't think even "eclipse glasses" would be of much help if you try to watch the "Mercury Eclipse".

S82, at least it will prevent serious damage to your vision. You need magnification, if the Sun is a beachball, Mercury appears like a marble. but your local astronomy club probably has a viewing with their filtered telescopes ready. As a Calgary astronomer wrote me, he will be doing astronomy if its clear that morning, or, --under the clouds, do his expected duties at the Remembrance Day ceremony.

Human grief and cosmic alignment coinciding from Calgary to Phoenix. one month from now

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Monday the 11 st of November...

the 101 st anniversary of end of WW1

Don't you mean the 101 th anniversary? Asking for a friend.

• waton
    waton
    Don't you mean the 101 th anniversary? Asking for a friend.

FUJW : yes I want to say that, 11th month, 11th day 11th hour. I thought it sounded always like "st" to me. apologies.
  • FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I was just trying to inject some humor. Sorry if I offended anyone. I got a laugh out of it though, and I thank you for changing what was otherwise a pretty crummy day.

• waton
    waton
    I was just trying to inject some humor

FUJW: almost everything has to have that pacifying, element, Humour. Fuunny thing is, us dutch deutsch cant pronounce the the "th" like the greeks. always comes out "s" and so we even wrote our accents.

Yes, point to apologies, even if not needed. The Remembrance (Empire) and Veterans Day, (States) is taken very seriously, for good reasons, so we have to tread lightly when showing that this year in the West, The ceremony is accompanied by a dimming of the sun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit