does or did anyone have this problem?

by free will 13 Replies latest jw friends

• DJ
    DJ

Hi freewill,

I remember feeling the same way. Ask yourself if it is loving to sing a happy birthday song or an unloving thing to do. Are you worshipping the day or putting your husband above God by singing? Whatever is not from faith is sin, that what it says in Romans. Pray about it and ask God if you would be sinning? I did. I asked Him all sorts of silly stuff. I'm surprised He put up with me. lol. love, dj

• Mulan
    Mulan

It takes time.............just don't say you won't ever sing it. One of our daughters in law had the same hang up, but after one year of numerous family birthdays, she sings it and has us sing it for their boys. It took two or three birthdays to break the ice for her. Seeing that no one else cares helps a lot.

• free will
    free will

thanks for all the comfort. i feel better knowing i'm not alone in this. i suppose that's what this forum is for.

• BadJerry
    BadJerry

In time you may or may not. I wasn't raised in it so I rarely ever say "bless you" to someone. I feel I have no position to be blessing anyone.

birthdays are easier and it's been fun singing away. I've known active JW's to sing it to their teens just to irritate them a little.

If you feel self consious, mouth the words or try it low key, or you can always opt to head for the bathroom at that time.

from IMANALIENTO logging on to hubbys ID

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit