eating meat

by wonderer2003 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Faraon
    Faraon

Wonderer,

Thankyou both for your for replying. They did say that the animals did eat meat but only from animals that were were already dead. So I was just thinking, were there not - and is there not - obvious animals that were built to kill? For instance the sabre toothed tiger would probably find it difficult to eat food with such long teeth, so they presumably were used to kill there prey.

There are some animals such as poisonous snakes and spiders who will not eat a dead animal. The reason for this is that the poison acts as a digestive juice. They cannot digest a dead animal that has not died without being poisoned. If they try to poison a dead animal, the poison will not circulate in their systems.

Teaser #1

If god created all swimming animals on the 5th day and land animals on the 6th day, does it mean that sea snakes were created before the land snakes?

Teaser # 2

Were the plants who eat insects also angry at man because he attacked them?

Teaser # 3

Did snakes only eat vegetables and poisoned their oranges? Ooops. I forgot. Snakes eat dust.

Welcome to the board.

• wonderer2003
    wonderer2003

Some great responses here. At least now if they come a Knocking again I will have a few things to say to their ludicrous statements

Thanks

• starScream
    starScream

I don't know if the bible says all animals were herbivores prior to the flood. It said that all the plants were given as food but I don't think the animals were asking permission before using their daggers and poisons. It was after the flood that MAN was allowed to eat meat and then the animals were afraid of man.

It seems to me that satan and his demons rebelled long before the creation of the earth and that the world was created with violence as a reflection of the demons.

The snake is something that God (Jesus) made, yet it is completely "demonized" by biblical writers.

• Faraon
    Faraon
    I don't know if the bible says all animals were herbivores prior to the flood. It said that all the plants were given as food but I don't think the animals were asking permission before using their daggers and poisons. It was after the flood that MAN was allowed to eat meat and then the animals were afraid of man.

It seems to me that satan and his demons rebelled long before the creation of the earth and that the world was created with violence as a reflection of the demons.

The snake is something that God (Jesus) made, yet it is completely "demonized" by biblical writers.

starScream,

Josephus was a historianof Jewish ancestry living in the first century. He was a contemporary of Jesus quoted by many early christians. You can read his account of the creation (Antiquities of the Jews) in http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bin/ptext?doc=Perseus%3Atext%3A1999.01.0146&query=whiston%20chapter%3D%232&layout=&loc=1.1

See if you can tell where his understanding of the Creation differs from the one in the bible. Pay particular attention as to speech, venom, and if he was really satan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit