eating meat

by wonderer2003 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wonderer2003
    wonderer2003

Hi everybody

I am a newbie here and have just found this site after a some JW sisters came a visiting to my door.

I was listening intently to what they were saying, and asked a question about cruelty in this world, the subject got around to animals and they said that animals did not eat each other until after the flood.

And animals did not turn against man until they started to be cruel to them, which was again after the flood. This seems to me to be so ludicrous, please can you tell me if anyone has heard of this before?

• shera
    shera

Hello and welcome,

Yes, I have heard this before but I can't remeber why and where they get these teachings from,sorry.I would like to see answers to this as well.

Heather

• Swan
    Swan

Welcome Wonderer!

It does seem to be far fetched. Whether you believe in evolution or creation, the idea that lions (with short digestive tracts and sharp teeth that are optimal for tearing and shredding meat) only ate grass, like herbivores (with multiple stomachs, long digestive tracts, and flat teeth for munching vegetation) just 4500 years ago, is rather hard to believe. And what did mosquitoes, fleas, and other blood sucking parasites eat? I have never seen this fully explained in any of the JW literature. I was born and raised in this faith for 35 years. It was this and other inconsistancies that led me to leave this faith.

Tammy

• wonderer2003
    wonderer2003

Thankyou both for your for replying. They did say that the animals did eat meat but only from animals that were were already dead. So I was just thinking, were there not - and is there not - obvious animals that were built to kill? For instance the sabre toothed tiger would probably find it difficult to eat food with such long teeth, so they presumably were used to kill there prey. Just a thought.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

They did say that the animals did eat meat but only from animals that were were already dead.
    So the second tiger had to wait until the first tiger died of starvation? Yeah, that makes sense...

• gumby
    gumby

Now that was something god must have not forseen or else he's a mean bastard. God knew man would fall, man would then need to hunt, animals would kill each other because of mans fall, animals wouls rip one another to shreads. Bad planning on gods part! I wonder why cows and horse, and kittys, and sheep and goats don't rip each other apart? They get killed by man far more than lions, and bears do. The kind animals should fear man more than the mean ones. Hell......what about a chicken? They get killed by the gazillions and I don't know of one has has killed another animal because of fear of man.

There is one answer for this..................the dubs teach bullshit.........and so do the rest that try to explain crap like that.

Gumby

• DJ
    DJ

LOL@Nathan

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

When you have a witness tell you something like that, pat them on the head, smiling like a kindergarten teacher and say "aww, that's cute".

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

How do vegetarians eat Jesus ?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I knew some believed that the animals were all herbivores in the garden of Eden, but that changed one man fell into sin.

I find the whole concept far fetched. There are so many animals that are carnivores and would never survive by eating grass. The more I think about the whole "animals and mankind coexisting peacefully" bit the more it sounds like some ancient legend made up by primitive man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit