"The shootings in Las Vegas show how much we need God's Kingdom"

by Sour Grapes 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Since October 1914 we have been in the last days. By my calculations that has been about 37,595 days so far and counting. 103 years sounds so much better and shorter. Maybe God is waiting for the body count to go up since every day over 250,000 people are added to the world's population. The longer he waits the more dead bodies the witnesses will have to bury.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Here's my take on Armageddon.... a part from the massive deaths and building paradise over the bones of the dead.

The newly resurrected will be handed Hazmat suits and rakes.

Start following Mormons to their homes in your area. They are actually instructed to have emergency food on hand........Seriously map out four or five different Mormon families and you'll have that many years of dinning out.

Mormons are commanded to keep one year of food storage on hand. Because Mormons are constantly threatened that the end is near and that Jesus Christ is coming, they are taught that food storage is a necessity.

Perhaps no other religion takes food and emergency preparation more seriously than the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Church leaders regularly sponsor demonstrations on food storage. Children are taught how to prepare 72-hour "emergency kits." Canneries open only to church members operate in several regions of the country -- including Sacramento. There, members may can their own food at no cost.

http://mormoncurtain.com/topic_foodstorage.html

My backup plan is to join the Amish.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

So if witness theology is correct, it was GOOD that those ones were killed...because they now are assured of being resurrected into the new world paradise right?! Everyone that dies before Armageddon gets a free pass into the paradise.

The mental gymnastics required to wrap one's head around the theology is mind numbing!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

What about the athiests that died is that sad too? What about the country music fans?

I can not understand the need to break it down into individual religions as if their death is more sad than anyone elses.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

If you die the day before Armageddon breaks out you will be resurrected. If you die the next day during Armageddon you are a goner. The first Armageddon (the flood) did not have a happy ending and I can't see why the second Armageddon will be any better.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

"Yes if it was Armageddon, Jehovah wouldn't have left any survivors."

(August 2017) The world population will reach 9.8 billion in 2050, up 31 percent from an estimated 7.5 billion currently. [Ref. 2017 World Population Data Sheet]

Just think, at that rate Armageddon only needs to wipe out 7,494,999,941 more people than were killed in Las Vegas. I wonder what the response would be if someone were hit with that figure when they spout off about how much "we" need the Big A to happen..."soon"?

• steve2
    steve2

Reasoning is a sure way to kill belief.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

@ Sour Grapes:

Morris and Lett are anointed, so they will be in heaven. But then again who knows at this point. You certainly gave your wife a "drop the mic and exit the stage" moment.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Even JW's I know with more common sense than most are falling for the "something is happening" narrative. Because its on the news, close to home, etc...

Earthquakes, hurricanes, and now a shooting......all CLOSE BY. Its amazing how our proximity to tragedy directly relates to how bad we think the entire world is.

But.....how do you deal with that? Hey.....2,000 babies under the age of 2 died today. And yesterday. So you know......every day is a tregedy in some ways. But 50 years ago it was 6,000 a day. So......Improvement right?

• undercover
    undercover

Theological conundrum... as a JW, you hope for 'the end' to come soon, where God destroys 99.9% of the world's population, and this is a good thing.

But most JWs when they see disasters, and violence kill multiple people, they are usually saddened much like anyone else.

But, if they truly believed their own doctrine, they should be happy for these people... These people just got a free pass to the other side, while those that Jehovah destroys are destroyed forever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit