How Would You Prove That JW's Do Not Have The Truth?

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

One thing JW's believe is that they have the truth. They believe Jehovah God guides them in every possible way. They state that all other religions are condemned by God. So, how would you show that Jehovah's Witnesses do not have "the truth"?

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Let's start with the fact that this old system of things is still here, despite all predictions to the contrary during the past century.

Nina

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

#1: Their past record contains numerous mistakes, changes, and flip-flops. They have been wrong in the past.

#2: Their current doctrinal system contains numerous textbook examples of logical fallicies. I can produce a list upon request.

#3: Many of their teachings are backed incomplete, out of context, or downright wrong quotations. If their proofs are flawed, then so are their conclusions.

#4: Their lives show no evidence of superior principles. They are not any happier or more successful than any others (although they will argue this). Their policies actually increase family tensions.

• minimus
    minimus

#1---Everybody makes mistakes. We're all imperfect.---#2-- Which doctrines are provable fallacies. Besides, see #1 again.----#3---see #1----#4---They don't suffer (typically) from STD's, AIDS, blood transfusion's hepatitis, and their families that are happy Witnesses have unity.......

• metatron
    metatron

Tell your shunning relatives:

If you don't have love, you don't have the 'truth'

keep it simple

metatron

• minimus
    minimus

Met, this is the biggest example of love----self-sacrifice, because Jehovah God tells us we should "not even say a greeting to him".

• Mulan
    Mulan

Lack of true Christian love.................that they CLAIM to have but fall so far short of it.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I think the single biggest problem with the organization is not logical in nature.

One morning, you wake up and think, "You know, it just didn't happen."

And that's the end of it.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

When my son was about 7 years old, an elder's son of the same age came to our house for an afternoon visit. They were playing in the front yard, and a neighborhood boy came over to play too. The elder's son started screaming at the child, telling him that Jehovah didn't love him and he was going to die at armageddon because he wasn't a JW. He screamed at him to leave, that no one wanted him to play. I heard the commotion and went to see what was wrong. The little boy was crying, and the elder's son had this awful look on his face...like he enjoyed the boy's pain. My son looked horrified, and stood there helplessly. I intervened, taking the little boy aside and telling him I would deal with the situation, and that he could come over later that day. I told him we didn't feel that way, and that he was welcome at our home. The elder came, picked up his son, and we never had him over again. I wish I had had the courage then to tell him what I'm going to say here today: Any religion that teaches children to hate is evil. There are no excuses. That child's hatred came directly from his parents, who got it directly from the WT.

It was one of the first events that began my journey out of the borg.

Coffee

• Eric
    Eric

Something that is truth cannot change. If it does, then it was not true.

The JW's cannot claim to have Truth, if subsets of truths within the Truth change. (New light, and all that.)

The JW's can properly claim to be working towards truth, and then that assertion can rightly be debated from either side, pro or con.

But what JW's have "known as truth" in the '30's differed from what the have "known as truth" in the '50's which was different again from what they have "known as truth" in the "80's and some of that is different from what they "know as truth" today.

Truth, if the word is to have any meaning at all, simply is not maleable.

Of course, the way JW's use the word, it simply a learned verbal shorthand for, "We have true faith, we have true belief." And THAT is often not something which is possible to open up and understand through debate, facts, or even, oddly enough, truth.

Eric

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit