Maybe it could be worse...

by Olig 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Olig
    Olig

So I just watched a documentary on Netflix called "the end of the world cult" about some geezer named Wayne bent (self proclaimed as Michael Travesser). Some of the stuff this guy says is absolutely unbelievable, and made me seriously think that there are some god awful cults out there, and made me think my time in the JW's (however boring and restrictive) wasn't all so bad... Has anyone else seen this? Does anyone have any recommendations on other documentaries of the like??

OG

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

As much as I dislike the Watchtower, I too am very thankful that my crazy mother decided not to join some other even worse wack job.

• blondie
    blondie

That tends to be telling someone it could be worse; they could have had a leg cut off instead of a finger...I wouldn't want to make that choice.

• Olig
    Olig

I suppose you're right Blondie.

Kind of like "I'm sorry you got herpes, but on the bright side, at least it's better than HIV..."

• blondie
    blondie

Good analogy, Olig.

I didn't think I was in a cult until I woke up to the WTS flip flops.

• Olig
    Olig

I'm full of them lol. Yeah I know how you feel! I was exactly the same until I gradually started getting angrier and angrier at the teachings.

Onwards and upwards

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

It could be worse, there are some wack cults that have killed its members, such as Jonestown (my dad knew the leader of that group), at least I survived the JWs.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I have Netflix I must look out for it and comment after i watch it.

Thanks Olig

• Olig
    Olig

Tameria, There are I remember watching something on sky where the follower believed that being beaten helped him to cleanse his soul and it eventually killed him

Smiddy I definitely would, well worth a watch

• amiable atheist
    amiable atheist

@Olig "Does anyone have any recommendations on other documentaries of the like??"

This is about "The Buddhafield"-Cult -- by an ex-member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5_1ZuQKf4U

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit