A stunning piece of LOGIC from the Apostle Paul

by nicolaou 78 Replies latest watchtower bible

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It is like my dear departed Dad used to say: "Either believe or don't, but make up your mind." He meant it in a kind way though. For me the Bible has some gems, as do other Holy and non Holy books.

"He who is without sin cast the first stone." That's one of my favourites. It's a pity many people including Christians don't abide by it. Not that I'm agreeing with the flawed religious lie that we are all born sinners.

Hey Viv, looks like your stalker is back. Looter is the kind of stupidity that keeps me from forums.

• never a jw
    never a jw

"He who is without sin cast the first stone."

I always had trouble with the whole story. First, the story was added after the gospel had been written. Second, Jesus wants to have it both ways, want to uphold Jewish law in other stories and break Jewish law here. Third, what's wrong with judging the wrong doer, even if you are a wrong doer, especially if repentant. Our justice systems will never work if we were to heed the advise here.

• fukitol
    fukitol
    I can't understand why the idea of resurrection should be incredible

I find it incredible to read such a daft statement. It's like saying "I can't understand why the idea of fairies living at the bottom of my garden should be incredible."

• Giordano
    Giordano

Semi believers trying to find a way to believe....is well.......pathetic.

A resurrection with no independent eye witnesses. But hey it happened........... cause the bible tells us dead people were thrown out of their graves (Ouch!) when Jesus died AND then these dead people WALKED AROUND FOR A WHILE! What the hell were they doing on their walk about........singing 'these old bones'?

At best we had a Jewish rabbi running for the office of Messiah and of course there were qualifications.......... sorry Miracles that needed to be preformed. Look........ Jesus walks on water! Afterwards we are left with 'searching for Jesus'. He's there folks....... just squeeze your eyes closed and pray.

A personality who came and went and came and went again then has not been heard from ever again. Which has allowed every misconception to be told about him.

The greatest story ever told? Not really.

• prologos
    prologos
    Paul "--- if Christ is not risen your faith is in vain.

At least he put that caveat in writing, wt would be as honest if they'd put all the improbable conditions required for them teaching "the truth" up front in their literature. like:

If Christ has risen in his kingdom, (or sat down)?, in 1914, the overlapping generation must be in full swing now--/

At least the resurrection stories after Pentecost were more practical, You are a good knitter, Dorcas, come back. or, You sleep at the meetings, Eutychus, ok, they are boring, you qualify.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    But the kindest, most rational Christian just cannot escape Paul's logic quoted above; if Christ is not risen your faith is in vain. The absurdity of all this is that faith is required to believe the very thing that makes faith futile. - Nic

I keep reading this over and over. Aren't you saying faith is required to believe in the resurrection which is the thing that makes faith futile? How does the resurrection make faith futile. Do you mean if early Christians could see people being resurrected they wouldn't need faith?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    sbf: Have fun, in my day it was a 5 am start and two deliveries

You were a postie? Bro! Doesn't mean we'll be cutting each other any slack though, right?

So, biocentrism. Seems to me Lanza didn't actually put forward any testable theory in the scientific sense. How can biocentrism be falsified?

Lanza may, mercifully, lack Chopras infuriating deepities but he is of the same ilk. Or was there something more substantial that I missed?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Hi Xanthippe. Paul said that if christ was not resurrected then faith is futile. Christ definitely was not resurrected, that's a cast iron, 100% certainty.

By choosing faith to ignore the reality of life and death faith is exposed for the vanity that it is. A futile wishing for what can never be.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Hi Nic, yes if I remember rightly some early Christians believed in Jesus but not in the resurrection. It's these people he's addressing, similar to the Sadducees with their disbelief in the resurrection.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Simon (I'm assuming it was you), thanks for mopping up the mess.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit