Australian Royal Commission mentions that G. Jackson was inconsistent

by Daniel1555 25 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Does anyone else think the recent Watchtower article stating that the FDS is neither infallible nor inspired is connected with this? They certainly would have received a copy before publication and this may be a door-after-the-horse-has-bolted attempt at salvaging Jackson's good name, or an attempt at deflecting personal responsibility for policy.
  • UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    Then there was the question about the woman raped in the field. Jackson said they did not have the answer and would like to ask Jesus in the future.

I think Jesus would say something along the lines of what Captain Mannering would say

https://youtu.be/Z9t_KDGqOmE

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou
    Does anyone else think the recent Watchtower article stating that the FDS is neither infallible nor inspired is connected with this?

Yes. I think its connected.

"The infallible in doctrine and procedure" subject will be studied in the congregations and everbody will fast jump on the driving train.

"Aahh, how wise the GB is and humble, and that we get this councel at the proper time when the whole world is against us". We are the only religion that changes. Now we can show that we still follow loyaly the GB even if it changes the procedure or gets rid of unfitting procedures concerning the 2 witness rule. Actually the old understanding of the 2 witness rule was not only a guilt of the GB but of all JWs who have false understood it".

It was obviously already arranged that the Service desk waited for the report of the commision to have a basis for its further legal counceling and for working out a fitting scriptural response and organisational response.

It was obvioulsy clear that JW would not act from themselves without any pressure or urgence throught the higher authorities in Australia, because also in other countries there is not need for such a rushing ahead obedience what regards handling of abuse cases. No mandatory reporting wished.

The Governing body could even be not much more happy that "pressure" and "urgence" comes from the higher authority. so they can MAKE CHANGE HAPPEN without loosing GB-face.Hopefully they see that loophole.

Its a healsome persecution for them, even a blessing. They can call it persecution but utilze it as unavoidable change with one stroke.

I cant await the outcome. That is getting really exciting.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Wonder: It will be studied in the congregations and everbody will think. "Aah how wise that we get this councel at the proper time when the whole world is against us".

That made me laugh. You nailed it so well..."aaahhh how wise". That is exactly what they will say.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Yes...WT has set this entire thing up so they can pull out the persecution card. The Rank and file will bobble their heads up and down, lap it up and say..."proper food at the proper time." I truly believe these people would drink the kool aid and ask for a refill. Unbelievable!

• steve2
    steve2

Well, yes, it is everything people say it is. Yet...if change comes about that follows best practice in responding to allegations of child sexual abuse, I am happy.

Some posters lambast JW organization for refusing to modify its child-abuse allegations and then lambast JW organization for appearing to be ready to modify its policies. Yes, I agree the way they will spin this will be in their favour - but that's expected, right? And most of the rank and file will hardly blink - but those with even a few active brain cells will feel uneasy about the way this has unfolded.

I frankly don't care what the motivation is behind any changes, provided the changes occur.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit